Adam Richard Sandler (born September 9, 1966), is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, entrepreneur, film producer and musician. After becoming a Saturday Night Live cast member, Sandler went on to star in many Hollywood feature films that combined have grossed over $2 billion at the box office. He is best known for his comedic roles, such as in the films Billy Madison (1995), Happy Gilmore (1996), The Wedding Singer (1998), The Waterboy (1998), Big Daddy (1999), and Mr. Deeds (2002), though he has ventured into more dramatic territory with his roles in Punch-Drunk Love (2002), Reign Over Me (2007), and Funny People (2009). In 1999, Sandler founded Happy Madison Productions, a film and television production company that has produced numerous films and developed the 2007 television series Rules of Engagement. He is estimated to have a net worth of $300 million.
1. CHEMISTRY CAN BE A GOOD AND BAD THING. CHEMISTRY IS GOOD WHEN YOU MAKE LOVE WITH IT. CHEMISTRY IS BAD WHEN YOU MAKE CRACK WITH IT.
2. I SING SERIOUSLY TO MY MOM ON THE PHONE. TO PUT HER TO SLEEP, I HAVE TO SING ‘MARIA’ FROM WEST SIDE STORY. WHEN I HEAR HER SNORING, I HANG UP.
3. I MEAN, I LOOK AT MY DAD. HE WAS TWENTY WHEN HE STARTED HAVING A FAMILY, AND HE WAS ALWAYS THE COOLEST DAD. HE DID EVERYTHING FOR HIS KIDS, AND HE NEVER MADE US FEEL LIKE HE WAS PRESSURED. I KNOW THAT IT MUST BE A GREAT FEELING TO BE A GUY LIKE THAT.
4. MY NAME IS ADAM SANDLER. I’M NOT PARTICULARLY TALENTED. I’M NOT PARTICULARLY GOOD-LOOKING. AND YET I’M A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE.
5. I NEVER HAD A SPEECH FROM MY FATHER ‘THIS IS WHAT YOU MUST DO OR SHOULDN’T DO’ BUT I JUST LEARNED TO BE LED BY EXAMPLE. MY FATHER WASN’T PERFECT.
6. NOW THAT I’M A PARENT, I UNDERSTAND WHY MY FATHER WAS IN A BAD MOOD A LOT.
7. I’M NOT GREAT AT BEDTIME STORIES. BEDTIME STORIES ARE SUPPOSED TO PUT THE KID TO SLEEP. MY KID GETS RILED UP AND THEN MY WIFE HAS TO COME IN AND GO, ‘ALL RIGHT! GET OUT OF THE ROOM.’
8. GOD GAVE ME SOME WEIRD, BEAUTIFUL SCENT THAT MAKES MEN AND WOMEN GO CRAZY. PEOPLE COMPARE IT TO CARVEL. IT IS A WHALE OF A SMELL.
9. IN HIGH SCHOOL I WANTED TO BE A ROCK STAR AND WAS IN A LOT OF BANDS.
10. I DEFINITELY CONNECTED TO THE FACT THAT LIFE GETS OUT OF CONTROL AND YOU END UP DOING THINGS AND WISHING YOU WERE DOING OTHER THINGS INSTEAD.
11. I’VE ALWAYS LIKED OLDER LADIES, EVER SINCE MY MOTHER WOULD HAVE B’NAI B’RITH AT OUR HOUSE.
12. I SANG A SONG AT MY SISTER’S WEDDING. MY MOTHER FORCED ME INTO THAT, TOO. BUT THAT ONE FELT ALL RIGHT.
13. GIRLS ARE SOFT AND PRETTY.
14. I THINK THE REASON I DON’T READ IS BECAUSE, WHEN I’M READING, I FEEL LIKE I’M MISSING OUT ON SOMETHING ELSE. YOU KNOW, WHAT ARE MY FRIENDS DOING? WHERE’S MY GIRLFRIEND?
15. WITH THE AMOUNT OF MONEY I HAVE, IT’S DIFFICULT RAISING CHILDREN THE WAY I WAS RAISED.
16. DOING SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE DEFINITELY AFFECTS MY RELATIONSHIP WITH MY GIRLFRIEND AND WITH MY FAMILY, BECAUSE YOU FEEL SO MUCH PRESSURE TO DO WELL THAT NIGHT. BUT I THINK EVERYONE’S GROWN TO ACCEPT THAT AND SO THEY GIVE ME MY SPACE AT THE SHOW.
17. FEELS GOOD TO TRY, BUT PLAYING A FATHER, I’M GETTING A LITTLE OLDER. I SEE NOW THAT I’M TAKING IT MORE SERIOUS AND I DO WANT THAT LIFESTYLE.
18. SIR ONE MORE COMMENT LIKE THAT AND I WILL STRANGLE YOU WITH MY MICROPHONE WIRE!
19. MY COMEDY IS DIFFERENT EVERY TIME I DO IT. I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE HELL I’M DOING.
20. I SHOULDN’T BE NEAR VEGAS AND HAVE MONEY IN MY POCKET.
21. I HAD MY MOMENTS OF BEING HUMILIATED, AND THEN I HAD MOMENTS OF DOING SOMETHING HUMILIATING. I’M GLAD I LIVED OUT BOTH ROLES.
22. I’M NOT COMFORTABLE BEING AROUND TOO MANY PEOPLE. I DON’T LIKE BEING OUT IN PUBLIC TOO MUCH. I DON’T LIKE GOING TO BARS. I DON’T LIKE DOING CELEBRITY STUFF. SO MOST OF THE CHARACTERS I PLAY ARE PEOPLE WHO DON’T ALWAYS FEEL COMFORTABLE BEYOND THEIR SMALL CIRCLE OF FRIENDS.
23. SIXTH GRADE WAS A BIG TIME, IN MY CHILDHOOD, OF HOOPS AND FRIENDSHIP, AND COMING UP WITH FUNNY THINGS.
24. I’M 31 NOW. I THINK I’M BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND WHAT LIFE IS, WHAT ROMANCE IS, AND WHAT A RELATIONSHIP MEANS.