Alyson Renae “Aly” Michalka (born March 25, 1989) is an American actress and recording artist. Michalka gained fame for playing the role of Keely Teslow in the Disney Channel original series Phil of the Future. She is also known for her roles as Marti Perkins in the CW television drama Hellcats, Taylor Callum in the Disney Channel Original Movie Cow Belles, and Rhiannon Abernathy in the Golden Globe-nominated teen film Easy A. She is also known as one half of the musical duo 78violet (formerly Aly & AJ) with her sister AJ Michalka. Aly has modeled for OP (Ocean Pacific) and Penumbra. She has also done fashion shoots for Maxim, OK! and Zooey.
1. YOU HAVE TO BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF FIRST OF ALL – THAT’S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.
2. I THINK YOU CAN LEARN A LOT ABOUT A GUY FROM THE WAY THAT HE TALKS TO YOU AND THE WAY THAT HE COMPLIMENTS YOU. IF HE’S COMPLIMENTING YOU WHEN YOU’RE JUST WALKING DOWN THE STREET AND IT’S SOMETHING COMPLETELY PURE AND OF THE MOMENT, THEN THAT’S SOMETHING YOU CAN TAKE TO HEART.
3. I FEEL LIKE MUSIC AND ACTING ARE SO MUCH MY LOVE, AND THEY’RE SO MUCH EQUAL IN MY EYES. I COULDN’T REALLY CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TWO.
4. I THINK IT’S IMPORTANT TO SEE WHERE COMPLIMENTS ARE COMING FROM – IF THEY’RE COMPLIMENTS ABOUT YOUR INSIDE, YOUR HEART, OR IF THEY’RE ABOUT YOUR PHYSICALITY OR YOUR PERSONALITY.
5. WHEN I THINK ABOUT OLD HOLLYWOOD AND THE GLAMOUR OF THOSE DAYS, WOMEN LIKE GRACE KELLY, MARILYN MONROE, AND AUDREY HEPBURN WERE NOT DRESSING THE WAY SOME GIRLS DRESS TODAY. THERE WAS A CERTAIN MYSTERY ABOUT THEM, AND I FEEL LIKE THAT’S GONE IN OUR INDUSTRY.
6. I THINK THAT ,AS AN ACTOR, YOU HAVE TO BREAK OUT EVENTUALLY, AND IF YOU DO IT PROPERLY, IT CAN BE SOMETHING THAT’S POSITIVE.
7. I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT IF I COULD DO ONLY MUSIC, I’D BE OUT OF MY MIND, INSANE. I’D BE STRESSED-OUT; THERE’S SO MUCH WORK. I MEAN, YOU WORK CONSTANTLY; THERE ARE NO BREAKS, REALLY. IF YOU’RE NOT PROMOTING A RECORD, YOU’RE MAKING ONE. IF YOU’RE NOT MAKING ONE, YOU’RE TOURING. IF YOU’RE NOT TOURING, YOU’RE DOING PHOTO SHOOTS AND PREP WORK.
8. YOU REALLY HAVE TO HAVE A VOICE, ESPECIALLY AS A FEMALE. YOU’VE GOT TO BE STRONG-MINDED AND REALLY FOCUS ON WHAT YOUR GOAL IS – YOU CAN’T BE ALL OVER THE PLACE.
9. I LOVE HBO AND SHOWTIME, ESPECIALLY SHOWTIME. I’M A HUGE ‘DEXTER’ FAN, AND I LOVE ‘WEEDS.’ THAT WOULD BE COOL TO DO A RECURRING ROLE ON A SHOW LIKE THAT.
10. I’M DEFINITELY ONE OF THOSE CHICKS WHO WANT TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP. I NEED SOMEBODY WHO CAN MAKE ME LAUGH AND ENTERTAIN ME.
11. IN A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP, I WILL DEFINITELY WRITE MUSIC ABOUT A GUY. I’M TOTALLY INTO MIX TAPES AND I’M ALL ABOUT SMALL LITTLE THINGS. I’LL DROP BY THEIR DOOR AND JUST LEAVE A GIFT OR COME OVER IF THEY’RE SICK AND MAKE THEM CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP AND RENT A DVD AND PLAY BOARD GAMES. I THINK THOSE LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT TO SOMEONE.