Amaury Nolasco Garrido (born December 24, 1970) is a Puerto Rican actor, best known for the role of Fernando Sucre on the Fox television series Prison Break, and for his role in Transformers. He starred in the short-lived ABC television series Work It which premiered on January 3, 2012.
Nolasco was born in Puerto Rico to Dominican immigrants. After various acting gigs, Nolasco moved to New York City, where he trained at the American British Dramatic Arts School.
Nolasco has guest-starred in various television series such as Arli$$, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and ER. His first role on a feature film was in Takeshi Kitano’s Brother, along others as “Orange Julius” in Universal’s 2 Fast 2 Furious. He then went on to co-star opposite Bernie Mac in Mr. 3000.
1. THESE DISPLAYS OF AFFECTION MEAN A LOT TO OUR FAMILY AND ARE A REMINDER OF THE HEART THAT MY PEOPLE HAVE. IN THIS TIME OF GRIEF WE ASK FOR A LITTLE PRIVACY AND SPACE TO DIGEST THIS NEWS; OUR SISTER WAS OUR SUN AND WE ARE BROKEN BY HER DEPARTURE.
2. IMAGINE SOMEBODY SAYS YOU ARE GOING TO DIE IN A FEW WEEKS; I’D REALLY RATHER NOT KNOW.
3. I BELIEVE, AND I MAY BE WRONG, THE SYSTEM SOMETIMES WORKS AND SOMETIMES DOESN’T. PRISON IS SUPPOSED TO REHABILITATE, BUT THEY DON’T DO THAT IN A LOT OF CASES.
4. WHEN I LEFT CHICAGO, PEOPLE SAID, ‘CAREFUL WITH THAT TEXAS HEAT’. I’M LIKE, ‘I’M FROM PUERTO RICO. I KNOW HEAT.’
5. I AM MORE OF A SURPRISE KIND OF GUY. I LOVE TO FIND OUT AS I GO.
6. YOU KNOW HOW WHEN PEOPLE LOSE THEIR GRANDMA OR GRANDPA, PEOPLE THEY SAY THEY’RE SORRY? THEY DO MEAN IT, BUT… THERE’S NOTHING TO SAY. THERE’S A VOID THAT CANNOT BE FILLED.
7. IF YOU HAVE A BROTHER OR SISTER, TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM EVERY DAY – THAT’S THE MOST BEAUTIFUL THING. I TOLD MY SISTER HOW MUCH I LOVED HER EVERY DAY. THAT’S THE ONLY REASON I’M OK RIGHT NOW.
8. I HATE TO GO TO MOVIES OR WATCH A TV SHOW AND KNOW THE ENDING WITHIN 15 MINUTES.
9. WHEN YOU DARE ME TO DO SOMETHING, I WILL SAY, ‘WATCH ME’. THAT IS WHAT I SAY TO CRITICS. ‘WATCH ME’.