Avril Ramona Lavigne (born 27 September 1984) is a Canadian and French singer-songwriter. She was born in Belleville, Ontario, and spent most of her youth in the town of Napanee. By the age of 15, she had appeared on stage with Shania Twain; by 16, she had signed a two-album recording contract with Arista Records worth more than $2 million. In 2002, when she was 17 years old, Lavigne broke onto the music scene with her debut album Let Go. Since her professional debut she has sold more than 30 million albums and over 50 million singles worldwide.
1. LIFE IS LIKE A ROLLER COASTER, LIVE IT, BE HAPPY, ENJOY LIFE.
2. WHY SHOULD I CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF ME? I AM WHO I AM. AND WHO I WANNA BE.
3. I CREATED PUNK FOR THIS DAY AND AGE. DO YOU SEE BRITNEY WALKING AROUND WEARING TIES AND SINGING PUNK? HELL NO. THAT’S WHAT I DO. I’M LIKE A SID VICIOUS FOR A NEW GENERATION.
4. I’M VERY COMFORTABLE WITH HOW I LOOK. I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. I THINK I LOOK PRETTY GOOD. THERE’S NOTHING I WANT TO CHANGE. I’M PRETTY HAPPY WITH WHAT I’VE GOT.
5. INSPIRATION FOR MY MUSIC JUST COMES FROM, YOU KNOW, MY LIFE EXPERIENCES.
6. YOU GET BUILT UP AND PUT ON A PEDESTAL AND THEN PEOPLE WANT TO BRING YOU DOWN. IT CAN BE HURTFUL. SOME PEOPLE TRY TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD OR NOT A NICE PERSON BUT IT’S COMPLETELY FALSE.
7. I DON’T FIGHT. I DON’T BELIEVE IN IT.
8. PEOPLE ARE LIKE, ‘WELL, SHE DOESN’T KNOW THE SEX PISTOLS.’ WHY WOULD I KNOW THAT STUFF? LOOK HOW YOUNG I AM. THAT STUFF’S OLD, RIGHT?
9. I HAVE ALWAYS LOOKED FOR WAYS TO GIVE BACK BECAUSE I THINK IT’S A RESPONSIBILITY WE ALL SHARE.
10. IT’S BEEN REALLY FUN TO SEE WITH EACH ALBUM WHEN I CHANGE TO SEE THE FANS OF THE SHOW EMULATE MY STYLE AND WITH THE FIRST RECORD A LOT OF THE KIDS IN THE CROWD WERE WEARING NECK TIES LIKE I WAS AND NOW YOU’LL SEE A LOT OF GIRLS WITH PINK HAIR. IT’S COOL, IT’S ACTUALLY REALLY NEAT.
11. WHEN I TOUR, I STUFF FRIDGES FULL OF ORGANIC FOOD AND STICK TO THAT.
12. I STARTED SINGING IN CHURCH AND I WAS PROBABLY AROUND SEVEN AND I STARTED SINGING ANYWHERE THAT I COULD. I USED TO SING AT MY SCHOOL. I WAS IN MUSICALS AND THEN IT KIND OF GOT TO A POINT WHERE I STARTED TO – WANTED TO DO MY OWN SONGS.
13. I THINK I WOULD PROBABLY DIE WITHOUT MY EYELINER, BUT BESIDES THAT I’M PRETTY BASIC.
14. MY SONGS AREN’T BUBBLE GUM POP DANCE SONGS AND I DON’T HAVE BACKGROUND DANCERS ON EVERY SINGLE SONG.
15. I DON’T BELIEVE WAR IS A WAY TO SOLVE PROBLEMS. I THINK IT’S WRONG. I DON’T HAVE RESPECT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT MADE THE DECISIONS TO GO ON WITH WAR. I DON’T HAVE THAT MUCH RESPECT FOR BUSH. HE’S ABOUT WAR, I’M NOT ABOUT WAR – A LOT OF PEOPLE AREN’T ABOUT WAR.
16. I LIKED BEING A MINOR BECAUSE YOU CAN’T GET INTO TROUBLE. NOW I JUST HAVE TO TRY AND BEHAVE MYSELF.
17. I HAVE TO FIGHT TO KEEP MY IMAGE REALLY ME… I REJECTED SOME GORGEOUS PUBLICITY SHOTS BECAUSE THEY JUST DIDN’T LOOK LIKE ME.
18. I’M THE KIND OF PERSON WHO ALWAYS LIKES TO BE DOING SOMETHING.’