Benicio Monserrate Rafael Del Toro Sánchez, better known as Benicio Del Toro (born February 19, 1967), is a Puerto Rican actor and film producer. He won an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, a Screen Actors Guild Award and a BAFTA Award for his role as Javier Rodríguez in Traffic (2000). He is also known for his roles as Fred Fenster in The Usual Suspects (1995), Dr. Gonzo in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (1998), Franky Four Fingers in Snatch (2000), Jackie Boy in Sin City (2005) and Che Guevara in Che (2008), a performance which garnered him the Best Actor Award both at the Cannes Film Festival in France, and at the Goya Awards in Spain. He portrayed The Collector in the Marvel Studios film Guardians of the Galaxy. He is the third Puerto Rican to win an Academy Award.
1. TO ME THE THING WITH ‘GREASE’ WAS THAT IT WAS THE FIRST MOVIE THAT AS A KID I WANTED TO GET UP AND DO WHAT THEY WERE DOING.
2. I’VE ALWAYS PLAYED THE GUY WITH THE GUN AND THE KNIFE. THAT’S HOW MANY ACTORS START OUT, PLAYING THE BAD GUY.
3. WHEN YOU DO A MOVIE THE CLOCK IS TICKING. IT’S LIKE A SPORT.
4. ‘LICENSE TO KILL’ IS NOT ONE OF THE GREAT BOND MOVIES.
5. I’VE LIKED MOST OF THE FILMS THAT I’VE BEEN IN AND THOSE ARE THE KINDS OF FILMS I LIKE TO SEE.
6. YOU MIGHT GET SOME SERIAL KILLERS WHO ARE BORN WITH A CHIP MISSING, BUT FOR THE MOST PART I DON’T THINK ANYONE IS BORN BAD.
7. I GET MORE CHOICES OF THINGS, PROJECTS, WHICH IS A BLESSING AND A CURSE. I CAN ONLY DO ONE AT A TIME. SOMETIMES YOU DON’T KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.
8. I GUESS I ROOTED FOR THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.
9. BEFORE I WAS EVER IN HIGH SCHOOL, I HAD DARK CIRCLES UNDER MY EYES.
10. I DON’T SEE THE WORLD COMPLETELY IN BLACK AND WHITE. SOMETIMES I DO.
11. VILLAINS USED TO ALWAYS DIE IN THE END. EVEN THE MONSTERS. FRANKENSTEIN, DRACULA – YOU’D KILL THEM WITH A STAKE. NOW THE NIGHTMARE GUY COMES BACK.
12. I’M NOT SAYING I’M A WRITER, BUT I’VE BEEN IN MOVIES FOR A LONG TIME, AND I THINK I COULD WRITE A SCRIPT FOR A MOVIE.
13. BECAUSE ACTORS DON’T GET TO PICK MOVIES; MOVIES PICK THE ACTORS.
14. I DON’T THINK I COULD BE A FOOT SOLDIER. I DON’T KNOW IF I COULD TAKE ORDERS TOO GOOD. I’M A LITTLE LAZY.
15. I’M A FAN MYSELF, SO WHEN A FAN DOES SOMETHING THAT MIGHT BE STRANGE, I UNDERSTAND IT.
16. THERE’S A LOT OF LATINOS RIGHT NOW, A LOT OF FILMMAKERS AND WRITERS THAT ARE LATIN TOO.