Bette Midler (born December 1, 1945), also known by her informal stage name The Divine Miss M, is an American singer-songwriter, actress, comedian, film producer and entrepreneur. In a career spanning almost half a century, Midler has been nominated for two Academy Awards, and won three Grammy Awards, four Golden Globes, three Emmy Awards, and a special Tony Award. She has sold over 30 million albums worldwide and along with that has also received 13 Gold, 8 Platinum and 4 Multiplatinum albums by RIAA.
1. I MADE A PACT WITH MYSELF A LONG TIME AGO: NEVER WATCH ANYTHING STUPIDER THAN YOU. IT’S HELPED ME A LOT.
2. I MARRIED A GERMAN. EVERY NIGHT I DRESS UP AS POLAND AND HE INVADES ME.
3. THE WORST PART OF SUCCESS IS TO TRY FINDING SOMEONE WHO IS HAPPY FOR YOU.
4. I TRY NOT TO DRINK TOO MUCH BECAUSE WHEN I’M DRUNK, I BITE.
5. IF I COULD BE GRANTED A WISH, I’D SHINE IN YOUR EYE LIKE A JEWEL.
6. I WOULDN’T SAY I INVENTED TACKY, BUT I DEFINITELY BROUGHT IT TO ITS PRESENT HIGH POPULARITY.
7. I SOMETIMES THINK I SHOULD GO BACK TO SCHOOL TO LEARN FRENCH AND MUSIC, BUT WHO WOULD HAVE ME?
8. I HOPE TO KEEP ENTERTAINING IN SOME WAY UNTIL I CAN’T PHYSICALLY ENTERTAIN ANY LONGER. IT’S WHAT I WAS BORN TO DO, AND I LOVE THIS PROFESSION.
9. EDUCATION IS MY NEXT BIG THING. WHEN MUSIC AND ART WERE TAKEN OUT OF THE SCHOOLS, I WENT BERSERK!
10. I’M WORKING MY WAY TOWARD DIVINITY.
11. I NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH OF WHAT I SAY IS TRUE.
12. I’D MAKE A WONDERFUL LADY MACBETH. I’LL WEAR A PAIR OF PLATFORM SHOES OR SOMETHING.
13. MY IDEA OF SUPERWOMAN IS SOMEONE WHO SCRUBS HER OWN FLOORS.