Brad Garrett (April 14, 1960) is an American actor and stand-up comedian. He has appeared in numerous television and film roles.
Garrett was initially successful as a stand-up comedian in the early 1980s. Taking advantage of that success in the late 1980s, Garrett began appearing in television and film, in minor and guest roles. His first major role was Robert Barone on the CBS series Everybody Loves Raymond. The series debuted September 13, 1996 and ran for nine seasons.
1. IT’S LIKE WHETHER YOU’RE IN A HUGE MOVIE OR YOU’VE JUST RECORDED AN INCREDIBLE ALBUM YOU’VE GOT TO DO THE NEXT THING, AND THAT’S PART OF BEING AN ARTIST.
2. IT’S FUN TO PLAY PEOPLE WHO ARE FLAWED.
3. YOU TAKE AWAY ALL THE OTHER LUXURIES IN LIFE, AND IF YOU CAN MAKE SOMEONE SMILE AND LAUGH, YOU HAVE GIVEN THE MOST SPECIAL GIFT: HAPPINESS.
4. IT’S ALL I HAVE LEFT IN MY LIFE, CAFFEINE AND A POODLE.
5. THERE’S A BLACK MAN INSIDE OF ME JUST TRYING TO MAKE BAIL.
6. I COME FROM THE WORLD OF IMPROV; I LOVE ANY SHOW OR ANY VEHICLE THAT GIVES ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO BE IN THE MOMENT.
7. MY WHOLE LIFE, I’VE BEEN TELLING JOKES.
8. I BELIEVE IT’S A REAL TEDIOUS HOSTAGE NEGOTIATION TO HAVE A MARRIAGE BE WHAT IT IS.
9. WE DON’T TAKE CARE OF OUR TEACHERS AND OUR COPS AND OUR FIREMEN. THEY SHOULD BE AT THE TOP OF OUR LIST.
10. I THINK AS ANY ARTIST YOU ALWAYS WANT TO GROW; YOU ALWAYS WANT TO GET BETTER.
11. BROADWAY WAS WITHOUT DOUBT THE HARDEST I EVER WORKED IN MY LIFE AND THE HIGHEST HIGHS I’VE EVER HAD AS AN ACTOR. THE UNADULTERATED FEAR WAS ON A LEVEL THAT WAS HARD TO EXPLAIN.