Charles Martin “Charlie” Bewley (born 25 January 1981) is an English actor best known for his role as the vampire Demetri in The Twilight Saga films.
Bewley was born in London, England and raised on a farm in Leicester. He is the eldest of four children, having a sister Lydia and brothers James and Andrew. He attended Loughborough Grammar School in Leicestershire and Oakham School in Rutland. Bewley spent some time living in Vancouver. He served in the British Army. He has resided in Los Angeles since 2009.
1. I LIKE TO RUN ON THE BEACH. IT’S A DIFFERENT EXERCISE AS WELL WHEN YOU’RE IN SAND, A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRAINING.
2. I DON’T REALLY READ TOO MUCH. IT REALLY IS COUNTER TO MY ENERGY. I CAN’T SIT DOWN AND CONCENTRATE ON WORDS.
3. I NEVER, EVER WORRY ABOUT ANYBODY RECOGNIZING ME.
4. I’VE SCAMMED SO MANY PEOPLE THROUGHOUT MY WHOLE LIFE WHO NEVER LEARNED MY TRUE IDENTITY UNTIL I STARTED ACTING.
5. FOR LACK OF A BETTER WORD, ACTING IS THERAPEUTIC. YOU REALLY ARE BREAKING DOWN BARRIERS, EXORCISING DEMONS AND FINDING MORE OUT ABOUT YOURSELF.
6. I PLAYED RUGBY MOST OF MY LIFE AND THEN I SWITCHED TO SNOWBOARDING, WHICH PROVIDED ME A LOT OF INSPIRATION.