Charlize Theron (born 7 August 1975) is a South African and American actress, producer, director, and fashion model. She rose to fame in the late 1990s following roles in the films The Devil’s Advocate (1997), Mighty Joe Young (1998), and The Cider House Rules (1999). Theron received critical acclaim for her portrayal of serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Monster (2003), for which she won the Silver Bear, Golden Globe Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Academy Award for Best Actress among several other accolades, becoming the first South African to win an Academy Award in a major acting category. In recent years, she has moved into the field of producing, both in television and film.
1. YOU KNOW, I DON’T THINK ANY MOTHER AIMS TO BE A SINGLE MOM. I DIDN’T WISH FOR THAT, BUT IT HAPPENED.
2. I THINK TODAY WOMEN ARE VERY SCARED TO CELEBRATE THEMSELVES, BECAUSE THEN THEY JUST GET LABELED.
3. MARRIAGE EQUALITY IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST MARRIAGE. IT’S ABOUT SOMETHING GREATER. IT’S ABOUT ACCEPTANCE.
4. THERE’S ONLY SO MUCH YOU CAN DO, BUT IF SOMEBODY DOESN’T GIVE YOU A CHANCE THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO.
5. THERE’S NOTHING I DESPISE MORE THAN PEOPLE TRYING TO BE SOMETHING THAT THEY’RE NOT.
6. HEY, I’M A GIRL, AND WE LIKE TO PLAY DRESS-UP.
7. PEOPLE ARE SO INVOLVED WITH IMMEDIATE CARE, BUT AT THE SAME TIME THERE NEEDS TO BE INVESTMENT IN EDUCATING PEOPLE AS ADOLESCENTS WHEN THEY’RE STILL HIV NEGATIVE.
8. I AM HUMAN, AND, YEAH, I HAVE VERY BAD DAYS.
9. I HAVE OCD, WHICH IS NOT FUN. I HAVE TO BE INCREDIBLY TIDY AND ORGANIZED OR IT MESSES WITH MY MIND AND SWITCHES OFF ON ME.
10. IF I KNEW THAT 3D WAS GOING TO BE SUCH A BIG DEAL, I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THAT BOOB JOB 10 YEARS AGO.
11. WHEN THEY WATCH A MOVIE AND THEY KNOW THAT YOU’RE IN A RELATIONSHIP, YOU JUST KIND OF WATCH THAT CONSTANTLY.
12. YET THERE’S A HUNGER IN ME STILL. I’M LIKE ONLY BEGINNING. I FEEL LIKE I STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO LEARN.
13. MODELING WAS NEVER A PASSION OF MINE.
14. I’VE ALWAYS BEEN VERY AWARE OF BALANCE AND, EVEN BEFORE I HAD A CHILD, MY LIFE ALWAYS TAKES PRIORITY TO MY WORK.
15. I DO NOT THINK THAT CONDEMNING PEOPLE WHO MURDER AND KILLING THEM NECESSARILY SENDS OUT THE RIGHT MESSAGE.
16. AND DOING A FILM IN THAT PERIOD, AND HAVING TO REALLY CELEBRATE WHAT THEY WORE BACK THEN, HOW THEY SAT AND HOW THEY SPOKE. YOU KNOW, WHAT THE ETIQUETTE WAS BACK THEN FOR A LADY. ALL OF THOSE THINGS ARE LIKE PUTTING ON A WIG AND TRANSFORMING YOURSELF, WHICH I LOVE.
17. I GREW UP ON BETTE DAVIS MOVIES, AND MARLENE DIETRICH, MARILYN MONROE.
18. SOMETHING I LEARNED VERY EARLY ON IN MY CAREER IS THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY POWER OVER.
19. WHEN I’M WORKING I DON’T HAVE ROOM TO THINK ABOUT MYSELF AND MY OWN ISSUES. IT’S REALLY FREEING. THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ME, WHICH IS REALLY NICE.
20. MY MOM HAS MADE IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO BE WHO I AM. OUR FAMILY IS EVERYTHING. HER GREATEST SKILL WAS ENCOURAGING ME TO FIND MY OWN PERSON AND OWN INDEPENDENCE.
21. IF THEY EVER DO MY LIFE STORY, WHOEVER PLAYS ME NEEDS LOTS OF HAIR COLOR AND HIGH HEELS.
22. I CAN ONLY HOPE TO BE 10 PERCENT OF THE MOM MINE WAS TO ME. SHE ENCOURAGED ME TO BE CONFIDENT AND ENJOY LIFE. THAT’S WHAT I WANT FOR MY SON.