Chaske Spencer (born March 9, 1975) is a Native American actor.
Spencer was born in Tahlequah, Oklahoma and grew up in Montana, Kooskia, Lapwai, and Lewiston, Idaho. His heritage includes Lakota, Nez Perce, Cherokee, Creek, French, and Dutch; he is a member of the Fort Peck Tribe, and has two younger sisters. He graduated from Clearwater Valley High School in 1994, where he went by the name James Spencer, and acted as a young teen at the Lewiston Civic Theater. Spencer went to college at Lewis Clark State College for a year before dropping out to pursue his acting career.
1. I LIKE WORKING WITH DIFFERENT DIRECTORS; IT KEEPS YOU ON YOUR TOES.
2. I STAY OFF THE INTERNET.
3. I WENT TO AN ALL WHITE SCHOOL WHERE I DEALT WITH RACISM.
4. I JUST WANT TO DO REALLY GOOD WORK.
5. MY FACE IS ON BUBBLE GUM WRAPPERS NOW!
6. IT’S REALLY SURPRISING THAT WHAT YOU PUT ON PAPER, PEOPLE WILL BELIEVE.
7. ‘TWILIGHT’ FANS ARE GREAT.
8. I FEEL LIKE GIVING BACK IS IN MY BLOOD.
9. IT’S JUST AMAZING TO DO SOMETHING THAT’S PART OF A POP CULTURE PHENOMENON.
10. A COUPLE OF GIRLS I’VE SIGNED AUTOGRAPHS FOR HAVE JUST CRIED OR BROKEN OUT INTO TEARS.