Christopher Whitelaw “Chris” Pine (born August 26, 1980) is an American actor in films and television. He is best known for his role as James T. Kirk in the 2009 film Star Trek, and its sequel, Star Trek Into Darkness (2013), and has also appeared in films including: The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004), Just My Luck (2006), Smokin’ Aces (2007), Unstoppable (2010), This Means War (2012), Rise of the Guardians (2012), and as Jack Ryan in Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014).
Pine was born in Los Angeles, California. His father, Robert Pine, is an actor who appeared in CHiPs as Sergeant Joseph Getraer, and his mother, Gwynne Gilford, is a former actress who is now a practicing psychotherapist. He has an older sister, Katie.
1. I BELIEVE IN LUCK AND FATE AND I BELIEVE IN KARMA, THAT THE ENERGY YOU PUT OUT IN THE WORLD COMES BACK TO MEET YOU.
2. MEDIOCRITY SCARES ME. IT’S THE FEAR OF NOT BEING AS GOOD AS YOU WANT TO BE. IF YOU GIVE OVER TO THAT FEAR, IT WILL SABOTAGE YOU. AS MUCH AS I CAN, I TRY TO USE THAT FEAR TO GUIDE ME.
3. I HAD A JOB AT THIS FRENCH RESTAURANT, AND I HATED IT. I DON’T LIKE SERVING; I DON’T LIKE GETTING PEOPLE KETCHUP.
4. MY FANS HAVE DESIGNATED THEMSELVES THE, UH, ‘PINE NUTS.’ THEY’RE A NUTTY BUNCH.
5. I DO LIKE DATING CYNICS – THEY TEND TO BE INCREDIBLY FUNNY.
6. AFTER MANY YEARS OF SELF-FLAGELLATION, I’VE REALISED THAT BEATING MYSELF UP DOESN’T GET ME ANYWHERE.
7. I FIND IT REALLY HARD TO EVEN READ ANOTHER SCRIPT WHILE SHOOTING.
8. GENERALLY SPEAKING, THE MORE MONEY THAT’S INVOLVED IN ANYTHING, THE MORE PEOPLE ARE EXPECTING AND HOPING THAT IT’S NOT GOING TO FAIL.
9. I’M MORE CEREBRAL THAN I WANT TO BE.
10. NOT A FAN OF SPIDERS. I SAW THE MOVIE ‘ARACHNOPHOBIA,’ WHICH WAS SINGLE-HANDEDLY RATED IN THE TOP THREE WORST CHOICES OF MY LIFE.
11. ONE THING THAT I DO FIND REALLY SEXY IS A GIRL WHO’S GOOD AT CROSSWORD PUZZLES.
12. I THINK IT’S A VERY HEALTHY THING TO LEARN FROM WHAT’S HAPPENED IN THE PAST. BUT ONLY IF YOU LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED AND THINK, ‘HOW COULD I HAVE DEALT WITH THAT DIFFERENTLY?’ THEN LET IT GO.
13. THE ONLY THING YOU SOMETIMES HAVE CONTROL OVER IS PERSPECTIVE. YOU DON’T HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR SITUATION. BUT YOU HAVE A CHOICE ABOUT HOW YOU VIEW IT.
14. WHETHER YOU’RE SCARED OF GETTING INTO A RELATIONSHIP; OR TAKING THE NEW JOB; OR A CONFRONTATION – YOU HAVE TO SIZE FEAR UP.
15. I TALK TO MYSELF, ESPECIALLY IN THE CAR.