Christine Jane Baranski (born May 2, 1952) is an American stage and screen actress. She is an Emmy Award winner and a two-time Tony Award winner.
Baranski made her stage debut in 1974 and her Broadway debut in Hide and Seek in 1980. She has won two Tony Awards for Best Featured Actress in a Play, for The Real Thing in 1984 and Rumors in 1989. Other Broadway credits include, Hurlyburly (1984), The House of Blue Leaves (1986) and Boeing Boeing (2008).
1. THE OLDER I GET THE MORE I TRY NOT TO WASTE MY TIME ON NEGATIVE ENERGY.
2. YOU HAVE TO HOLD YOUR BLOODY OWN OR YOU’RE LOST.
3. I ALWAYS SAY GOD SHOULD HAVE GIVEN WOMEN ONE EXTRA DECADE AT LEAST, ESPECIALLY IF YOU WANT A FAMILY. YOU’RE TRYING TO PACK A LOT IN.
4. I DO ENJOY FILM. THE MORE I DO IT THE MORE I LEARN.
5. I WISH I DIDN’T HAVE TO LIVE UP TO ANYTHING.
6. I’M A NICE, HAPPILY MARRIED WIFE AND MOM AND I LIVE IN CONNECTICUT.
7. WHY WOULD I LOSE SLEEP WHEN I REALLY NEED VALUABLE SLEEP JUST TO RECUPERATE AND COME BACK AND DO MY JOB?
8. AUDREY HEPBURN’S FACE WAS MADE FOR THE CAMERA.
9. JIM CARREY IS A CONSUMMATE ACTOR AND PROFESSIONAL. HE COMES ON SET, KNOWS HIS LINES AND KNOWS HIS MOVES.
10. I GOT INTO JULLIARD ON ALMOST A FULL SCHOLARSHIP.
11. I ADORE CLOTHES, I ADORE DRINKING. I JUST DON’T HAVE THE TIME OR THE INCLINATION TO TOTALLY INDULGE IN IT.
12. IT IS REALLY HARD TO DO COMEDY; IT TAKES A LOT OF ENERGY AND FOCUS. IT’S RATHER LIKE MUSIC: IT’S A LOT OF HITTING NOTES PRECISELY.
13. IT’S A GREAT TIME TO BE AN ACTRESS AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFE.
14. LAWRENCE OF ARABIA IS THE ULTIMATE MOVIE, DEEPLY CINEMATIC.