Christopher Walken (born March 31, 1943) is an American actor, screenwriter, and director who has appeared in more than 100 films and television shows, including The Deer Hunter, Annie Hall, The Prophecy trilogy, The Dogs of War, Brainstorm, The Dead Zone, A View to a Kill, True Romance, Pulp Fiction, Catch Me If You Can, and Seven Psychopaths, as well as music videos by many popular recording artists. Walken has received a number of awards and nominations during his career, including winning the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in 1978.
1. AT ITS BEST, LIFE IS COMPLETELY UNPREDICTABLE.
2. SOMEBODY SAID TO ME THAT I SPEAK ENGLISH ALMOST LIKE SOMEBODY FOR WHOM ENGLISH IS NOT THEIR FIRST LANGUAGE.
3. I PLAY DISTURBED PEOPLE A LOT, BUT ALWAYS WITH A BIT OF DISTANCE OR TONGUE-IN-CHEEK. MOST OF THE VILLAINS I PLAY ARE ESSENTIALLY HARMLESS.
4. AS AN ACTOR YOU BECOME THAT LIGHTING ROD BETWEEN THE PERSON WHO MADE THE PLAY AND THE AUDIENCE.
5. MY HAIR WAS FAMOUS BEFORE I WAS.
6. EMOTIONAL POWER IS MAYBE THE MOST VALUABLE THING THAT AN ACTOR CAN HAVE.
7. I DON’T NEED TO BE MADE TO LOOK EVIL. I CAN DO THAT ON MY OWN.
8. YEAH, WELL I’VE ALWAYS PLAYED COMEDY. MY BACKGROUND IS MUSICAL COMEDY THEATRE AND THAT’S REALLY WHERE MY TRAINING IS. AS AN ACTOR, THAT’S MY TRAINING.
9. I DON’T CARRY LUCKY CHARMS, BUT I BELIEVE IN THOSE THINGS.
10. TO BE HONEST, I WAS NEVER VERY AMBITIOUS. AND I STILL AM NOT.
11. I TRY NOT TO WORRY ABOUT THINGS I CAN’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT.
12. EVERYBODY HAS TO BE A LITTLE LUCKY, I THINK.
13. BECAUSE IF I DON’T KNOW MY LINES, I REALLY DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M DOING.
14. THEY HAVE A KIND OF BOB HOPE AND BING CROSBY THING GOING ON.