Colin Hanks (born November 24, 1977) is an American actor, director, producer & writer. Hanks is best known for starring in the 2002 film Orange County, as well as television roles including Alex Whitman in Roswell, Henry Jones in Band of Brothers, Travis Marshall in Dexter and Officer Gus Grimly in Fargo, as well as co-starring in the 2010 Fox TV series The Good Guys. He is the eldest son of actor Tom Hanks.
Hanks was born and raised in Los Angeles, California, the oldest son of actor Tom Hanks and his first wife, the late producer and actress Samantha Lewes, who died of bone cancer on March 12, 2002.
1. I’M THE QUIET BASS PLAYER.
2. I COLLECT WATCHES BECAUSE I’M ALWAYS LATE, AND I NEED TO KNOW EXACTLY HOW LATE I’M GOING TO BE – IN ORDER TO COME UP WITH A GOOD EXCUSE.
3. I WAS IN TWO VERY HORRIBLE BANDS.
4. EVERYONE IN MY INDUSTRY, THE MOVIE INDUSTRY, IS LOOKING AT THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AND GOING, ‘HOW DO WE AVOID THAT COLLAPSE?’ AND I DON’T KNOW IF YOU CAN, TO BE QUITE HONEST!
5. TO BE QUITE HONEST, I’M NOT RELIGIOUS.
6. I THINK ROBITUSSIN IS WAY UNDERRATED.
7. BUT YEAH, I PLAYED BASS GUITAR IN HIGH SCHOOL AND IN COLLEGE AND THEN I ACTUALLY FRACTURED MY THUMB, SO MY BASS CAREER WENT BYE-BYE.
8. I DID PLAYS IN GRADE SCHOOL.
9. I SPENT A LOT OF TIME IN TOWER RECORDS. I’M A HUGE MUSIC NERD, AND TOWER WAS INSTRUMENTAL TO ME WHEN I WAS GROWING UP.
10. WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT, I JUST WANT TO WORK.
11. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER IT WAS – YOU KNOW, MY DAD DRESSED UP IN DRAG ON ‘BOSOM BUDDIES.’ AND THAT WAS WHAT I WAS HAVING TO DEAL WITH AT THE TIME. AND THEN AROUND THE TIME THAT I WAS INTO COLLEGE WAS WHEN HE BECAME STATUE-WORTHY I GUESS YOU COULD SAY.