Daisy Fuentes (born November 17, 1966) is a Cuban television host and model. Daisy Fuentes broke barriers as MTV’s first Latina VJ, and as Revlon’s first Latina spokesperson to be signed to a worldwide contract.
Fuentes was born in Havana, Cuba, to a Cuban father and Spanish mother. When Fuentes was three years old, her family fled the island due to political turmoil and moved to Madrid, Spain. Fuentes learned to speak English while watching I Love Lucy episodes. Soon thereafter, she moved with her family to Harrison, New Jersey, where she attended Harrison High School, was voted homecoming queen and “best looking”, and graduated class of ’84. Fuentes started modeling during her senior year in high school.
1. TO DO A REALLY GOOD INTERVIEW, YOU HAVE TO BE TRULY INTERESTED IN THE PERSON.
2. I LOVE TO FEEL GLAMOUROUS. I LOVE TO HAVE OTHER WOMEN FEEL GLAMOUROUS.
3. I WAS AN ACCIDENTAL MODEL. ONE DAY I WAS ASKED TO ME A MODEL BY A NEIGHBOR WHO WAS SHORT ON MODELS. THEN I GOT INTO TV.
4. I BELIEVE MY CUSTOMER KNOWS HER STYLE AND KNOWS HOW TO MIX AND MATCH YOUR STYLE.
5. I WAS BORN IN HAVANA, CUBA AND RAISED IN MADRID, SPAIN. THEN I MOVED TO NEW JERSEY.
6. I JUST THOUGHT ANY WORKOUT THAT IS EFFECTIVE AND I CAN DO WHILE LAYING DOWN I’M SIGNING UP FOR.