Daniel Michael “Danny” DeVito, Jr. (born November 17, 1944) is an American actor, comedian, director, and producer. He first gained prominence for his portrayal of taxi dispatcher Louie De Palma on the ABC and NBC television series Taxi (1978–1983), for which he won a Golden Globe and an Emmy. He went on to become a major film star, known for his roles in films such as One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Terms of Endearment, Romancing the Stone, Twins, Batman Returns, Get Shorty, and L.A. Confidential, and for his voiceover work in films such as Space Jam, Hercules, and The Lorax.
1. IT’S A FIRST FOR ME. IT’S MY FIRST NUDE SCENE.
2. I’LL WATCH RICKY GERVAIS IN ANYTHING HE DOES. THE GUY’S HILARIOUS.
3. I DON’T LOOK AHEAD. I’M RIGHT HERE WITH YOU. IT’S A GOOD WAY TO BE.
4. I AM SELF-CENTRED. I JUST ADORE MYSELF.
5. YOU HAVE TO GIVE PEOPLE PERMISSION TO LAUGH. THAT’S WHY THEY WOULD ALWAYS CUT TO THE BANANA PEEL IN THE LAUREL AND HARDY MOVIES.
6. WHAT YOU DO WITH IT AND THINGS LIKE THAT, BUT I BASICALLY CHOSE THIS AFTER I READ IT BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS DIFFERENT AND FUNNY AND UNIQUE AND DARK – THINGS THAT I LIKE TO DO.
7. PEOPLE COME INTO YOUR LIVES WHO YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH, AND TIME GOES BY AND YOU STILL HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH THEM AND YOU DO STUPID STUFF WITH THEM. TO ME, THAT’S LIFE.
8. WE DID ‘ERIN BROCKOVICH,’ WE DID ‘MAN ON THE MOON,’ WE DID ‘LIVING OUT LOUD,’ BUT NOW I’M GOING TO KEEP GOING.
9. I HAVE BEEN VERY FORTUNATE IN MY LIFE. I HAVE HAD A LOT OF HAPPINESS. I HAVE A GREAT FAMILY AND I WORK A LOT, AND THAT’S WHAT I LIKE TO DO.
10. THERE ARE TWO DILEMMAS THAT RATTLE THE HUMAN SKULL: HOW DO YOU HANG ON TO SOMEONE WHO WON’T STAY? AND HOW DO YOU GET RID OF SOMEONE WHO WON’T GO?
11. IT’S FUN TO BE ON THE EDGE. I THINK YOU DO YOUR BEST WORK WHEN YOU TAKE CHANCES, WHEN YOU’RE NOT SAFE, WHEN YOU’RE NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD, AT LEAST FOR ME, ANYWAY.
12. OF COURSE I’VE GOT LAWYERS. THEY ARE LIKE NUCLEAR WEAPONS, I’VE GOT EM ‘CAUSE EVERYONE ELSE HAS. BUT AS SOON AS YOU USE THEM THEY SCREW EVERYTHING UP.
13. I DIDN’T DO IT BECAUSE OF THE UNDERLYING GREED THAT’S PREVAILING, BUT IT IS ABOUT GREED, DOING THE RIGHT THING AT THE RIGHT TIME USING YOUR CLOUT WHEN YOU HAVE IT AND WHAT FOR AND WHAT REASON.
14. JERSEY IS ALWAYS WITH ME. I WAS ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES. ASBURY PARK IS JUST THE GREATEST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO SPEND YOUR CHILDHOOD.