Diane von Fürstenberg, formerly Princess Diane of Fürstenberg (born 31 December 1946) is a Belgian born American fashion designer best known for her iconic wrap dress. She initially rose to prominence when she married into the German princely House of Fürstenberg, as the wife of Prince Egon of Fürstenberg. Following their divorce in 1972, she has continued to use his family name, although she is no longer entitled to use the title princess following her divorce and subsequent remarriage in 2001.
1. I WANTED TO BE AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN, A WOMAN WHO COULD PAY FOR HER BILLS, A WOMAN WHO COULD RUN HER OWN LIFE – AND I BECAME THAT WOMAN.
2. CONFIDENCE. IF YOU HAVE IT, YOU CAN MAKE ANYTHING LOOK GOOD.
3. IF YOU’RE A GOOD PERSON, THE GOODNESS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH YOUR DESCENDANTS.
4. I DON’T LIKE TO TALK ABOUT MY DREAMS. I LIKE TO MAKE THEM HAPPEN. I PREFER TO TALK ABOUT THEM WHEN THEY’RE DONE.
5. I DIDN’T REALLY KNOW WHAT I WANTED TO DO, BUT I KNEW THE WOMAN I WANTED TO BECOME.
6. WORK AND CHILDREN I COULD HAVE. BUT THE HUSBAND WAS JUST TOO MUCH.
7. MY CLOTHES ARE GREAT FOR A HONEYMOON: THEY’RE LIGHT AND SEXY, COLORFUL AND PRETTY, AND NOT EXPENSIVE.
8. MY BEST FRIEND IS ME, AND I TAKE GOOD CARE OF ME.
9. ITALY WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE BEST FOOD.