Dianne E. Wiest (born March 28, 1948) is an American actress on stage, television and film. She has won two Academy Awards, two Emmy Awards and a Golden Globe Award. Wiest has also been nominated for a BAFTA Award.
Wiest was born in Kansas City, Missouri. Her mother, Anne Stewart, was born in Auchtermuchty, Scotland, and worked as a nurse. Her father, Bernard John Wiest, was a college dean and former psychiatric social worker for the U.S. Army; he was American-born, of German and Austrian descent. Wiest’s parents met in Algiers.
1. DIRECTORS SAY THAT YOU SHOULD GET ACTORS BEFORE THEY ARE RECOGNIZED. THEY WILL BE A PAIN OR HAVE AN OPINION.
2. THE FORMULA IS THE STAR. I COULDN’T WORK INSIDE THAT FORMULA.
3. I HAD TO CHOOSE, I’D BE SO SAD. THEY ARE FLIP SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. I LOVE BOTH COMEDY AND DRAMA.
4. I’M MORE AWARE OF TIME. THE ELEMENT OF TIME.
5. I’VE BEEN GRATEFUL FOR WHAT COMES ALONG.
6. YOUNG PEOPLE ARE MORE INTELLIGENT AND SOPHISTICATED.
7. THEATER IS NOT TO MAKE A LIVING, SO I DON’T HAVE THE MONEY PRESSURE.
8. WOODY IS SO MUSICAL IN HIS FILMMAKING. I’VE NEVER WORKED WITH ANYONE I’VE TRUSTED SO COMPLETELY. HE WON’T LET YOU HIT A FALSE NOTE.