Domenico Dolce (born on 13 August 1958) in Polizzi Generosa, Sicily. Dolce had enrolled in a three-year course in fashion design at Marangoni Institute but dropped out after four months, because he realized that he already knew everything the school had to teach. His dream was to work for Giorgio Armani, whom he had never met. One day, without making an appointment, he carried his book of sketches over to Armani’s headquarters, on Via Durini. Inside the door, there was a long white carpet leading to the receptionist’s desk. Dolce wasn’t sure if he should walk on it with his shoes on.“I am such a cretino,” he says. “I know nothing.” He decided that he would look ridiculous appearing at the front desk without shoes, so he approached by sidling along the wall, where he could step without sullying the carpet. He doesn’t know if Armani ever saw the sketches.
1. DO I MAKE FASHION MISTAKES? YES, BUT I WON’T SAY WHAT.
2. IF YOU OPEN MY WARDROBE, IT’S VERY BORING.
3. I’M A VERY CURIOUS PERSON.
4. I CLEAR MY WARDROBE OF ANYTHING I’M NOT WEARING AND GIVE THE CLOTHES TO CHARITY.
5. AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CAREER IS IMPORTANT FOR A DESIGNER TO PRESENT HIS MOST REPRESENTATIVE PIECES.
6. I WANT TO DANCE. I WANT TO LIVE.
7. I’M OBSESSED WITH JACKETS.