Edward “Ed” Westwick (born 27 June 1987) is an English actor and musician who is best known for his role as Chuck Bass on The CW television drama Gossip Girl (2007–2012). He has also appeared in films such as S. Darko (2009), Chalet Girl (2011), J. Edgar (2011), and Romeo and Juliet (2013).
Westwick was born and raised in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, the son of Carole (née Blenkiron), an educational psychologist, and Peter Westwick, a university lecturer. He is the youngest of three brothers. At age six, he followed music lessons and went to a Saturday morning drama school called Top Hat Stage & Screen School. He attended the Barclay Secondary School and then North Hertfordshire College. He later trained at the National Youth Theatre in London. His early career began with appearances on the British television series Doctors as Holden, Casualty as Johnny Cullin and Afterlife as Darren. His film credits include Breaking and Entering, Children of Men and Son of Rambow.
1. BE A GOOD-LOOKING CORPSE. LEAVE A GOOD-LOOKING TATTOO.
2. I CAN PRETTY MUCH LIVE WITHOUT FAST FOOD. I HAVEN’T EATEN MCDONALD’S IN SO LONG, BUT IT’S OKAY.
3. I BITE MY NAILS. I’VE BEEN CHEWING ON THEM FOR YEARS. AS LONG AS YOU DON’T CHEW THROUGH FLESH IT’S ALL RIGHT.
4. I LOVE WORKING IN AMERICA, I LOVE BEING PART OF THE INDUSTRY OUT HERE.
5. I’M AN ACTOR; I WANT TO PLAY ROLES, NOT A ROLE.
6. I’VE BEEN WRITING A LOT OF POETRY RECENTLY. IT HELPS ME THINK AND WORK THINGS OUT.
7. IF PEOPLE WANT TO REALLY KNOW WHAT’S UP WITH ME THEN THEY CAN READ ONE OF MY INTERVIEWS.
8. LIVE FAST, DIE YOUNG.
9. I’VE GOT A CLEAR LINE BETWEEN WORK AND REAL LIFE.
10. I’M JUST HAPPY TO BE DOING A JOB THAT I LOVE.
11. I WOULDN’T WANT A MANICURE. I’M A MAN’S MAN!
12. I HAVE TWO OLDER BROTHERS. I AM THE BABY. WE’RE ALL VERY, VERY CLOSE. WE’RE GREAT COMMUNICATORS, SO WE GET ALONG REALLY WELL.
13. I CAN’T STAND WATCHING MYSELF ON TV.
14. WHEN I FIND SOMEONE WHO IS WORTH IT, I’LL BE NICE AND RESPECT THAT PERSON AND PUT SOME TIME IN.
15. I’M ALL FOR BEING IN LOVE AND WHENEVER I LIKE SOMEONE, I END UP PRETTY MUCH COMPLETELY SMITTEN.
16. I CAN GET MOODY SOMETIMES WHEN I WAKE UP AFTER A NAP – I’M LIKE A FOUR-YEAR-OLD.
17. ‘VILLAIN’ IS SUCH A HARSH WORD.
18. I FEEL LIKE YOU JUST NEED TO KEEP WRITING UNTIL THE WRITING ITSELF JUST BEGINS TO TAKE SHAPE.
19. I DON’T COME FROM A FAMOUS FAMILY AND DON’T HAVE THIS DETACHMENT FROM EVERYDAY PEOPLE AND EVERYDAY LIFE. I’M JUST DOING MY JOB AND THE ATTENTION THAT COMES WITH IT IS PART OF THE TERRITORY.
20. I GREW UP IN A MIDDLE CLASS ENGLISH FAMILY JUST OUTSIDE LONDON. I WASN’T SURROUNDED BY THAT SPEEDY CITY LIFESTYLE, IT WAS A LITTLE MELLOWER.
21. I’M A BIG FAN OF ELVIS, MAN. I GOT ‘HEARTBREAK HOTEL’ TATTOOED ON MY CHEST.
22. I’VE ALWAYS CONNECTED WITH MUSIC. LIFE’S NOT ALWAYS WHAT YOU SEE; IT’S WHAT GOING ON IN YOUR HEAD. MUSIC IS WHAT COMES OUT OF YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS.
23. IT’S ALWAYS GOOD TO BE AROUND NICE-LOOKING PEOPLE.