Edward Harrison Norton (born August 18, 1969) is an American actor, screenwriter, film director and producer. In 1996, in his debut film, his supporting role in the courtroom drama Primal Fear garnered him a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. Two years later, his lead role as a reformed white power skinhead in American History X earned a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Actor.
His other performances are diverse in range and include supporting roles in the biographical drama The People vs. Larry Flynt (1996), the comedy Everyone Says I Love You (1998), and the comedy-dramas Moonrise Kingdom and The Grand Budapest Hotel, starring roles in the cult hit Fight Club (1999), 25th Hour (2002), The Illusionist (2006) and Leaves of Grass (2009) (in which he acted against himself), a rare villain turn in The Italian Job (2003) and an unrecognizable appearance in Kingdom of Heaven (2005).
1. INSTEAD OF TELLING THE WORLD WHAT YOU’RE EATING FOR BREAKFAST, YOU CAN USE SOCIAL NETWORKING TO DO SOMETHING THAT’S MEANINGFUL.
2. LIFE, LIKE POKER HAS AN ELEMENT OF RISK. IT SHOULDN’T BE AVOIDED. IT SHOULD BE FACED.
3. I DO FIND MYSELF DRAWN MORE TO PIECES THAT I FEEL ARE WRESTLING WITH THE WAY THAT WE’RE LIVING NOW, WHAT WE’RE ALL GOING THROUGH.
4. YOUNG PEOPLE KNOW HOW TO USE THESE SOCIAL NETWORKING TOOLS, AND THEY KNOW HOW TO USE THEM EFFECTIVELY.
5. PEOPLE ARE WORRIED ABOUT THE DEGREE TO WHICH CORPORATE INTEREST IS STARTING TO THREATEN HUMAN INTEREST.
6. DUALITY IS NOT A STORY. DUALITY IS JUST A COMPLEXITY.
7. ALL PEOPLE ARE PARADOXICAL. NO ONE IS EASILY REDUCIBLE, SO I LIKE CHARACTERS WHO HAVE CONTRADICTORY IMPULSES OR SHADES OF AMBIGUITY. IT’S FUN, AND IT’S FUN BECAUSE IT’S HARD.
8. BASICALLY, I THINK 21ST CENTURY CONSERVATION IS MOVING TOWARD PRESERVING ECOSYSTEMS BY DEALING WITH THE NEEDS OF PEOPLE.
9. WHEN I’M THE ONE WHO SITS DOWN AND LOOKS AT THE BLANK PAGE AND WRITES IT OUT ALL THE WAY, THEN I’LL CALL IT MY SCRIPT.
10. I JUST LOVE MOVIES.
11. THE PEOPLE WHO WORK IN THE SCIENTIFIC FIELD, THEY NEED HELP TO CONVEY WHAT IT’S ABOUT.
12. I LIKE IT WHEN THE DEEPER YOU GO WITH THE CHARACTER, THE MORE YOU SEE THE LAYERS START TO PEEL AWAY.
13. I DON’T SMOKE AND I DON’T WANT TO SMOKE. I AM NOT A FAN OF GRATUITOUS SMOKING IN FILMS.
14. IF I EVER HAVE TO STOP TAKING THE SUBWAY, I’M GONNA HAVE A HEART ATTACK.
15. FAME IS VERY CORROSIVE AND YOU HAVE TO GUARD VERY STRICTLY AGAINST IT.
16. YOU CAN’T CONTROL EVERYTHING THAT COMES TO YOU.
17. IDENTICAL TWINS ARE ENDEMICALLY ALIKE IN MANY WAYS.
18. I JUST LIKE WORKING WITH SMART PEOPLE.
19. THE BEST FILMS OF ANY KIND, NARRATIVE OR DOCUMENTARY, PROVOKE QUESTIONS.
20. THE MORE YOU CAN CREATE THAT MAGIC BUBBLE, THAT SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF, FOR A WHILE, THE BETTER.