Elijah Jordan Wood (born January 28, 1981) is an American actor and film producer. He made his film debut with a minor part in Back to the Future Part II (1989), then landed a succession of larger roles that made him a critically acclaimed child actor by age 9, being nominated for several Young Artist Awards. As a child actor he starred in the films Radio Flyer (1992), The Good Son (1993), North (1994) and Flipper (1996), and began to transfer to teenage roles in the films The Ice Storm (1997), Deep Impact and The Faculty (both 1998). He is best known for his high-profile leading role as Frodo Baggins in Peter Jackson’s The Lord of the Rings trilogy (2001–2003). Since then, he has resisted typecasting by choosing varied roles in films such as Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004), Sin City, Green Street and Everything Is Illuminated (all 2005) and Bobby (2006).
1. SO MUCH TIME IS WASTED ON TRYING TO BE BETTER THAN OTHERS.
2. IN THE ABSENCE OF LOVE, THERE IS NOTHING WORTH FIGHTING FOR.
3. THE WORST KIND OF LYING I’VE EVER DONE IS KEEPING THINGS FROM PEOPLE.
4. I’M KIND OF INSANE WHEN IT COMES TO MUSIC, A LITTLE OBSESSED.
5. I DEFINITELY DON’T LOOK MY AGE. SO I ACTIVELY LOOK FOR ROLES THAT WILL HELP PEOPLE CHANGE THEIR PERCEPTION OF ME.
6. I THINK BEING DIFFERENT, GOING AGAINST THE GRAIN OF SOCIETY IS THE GREATEST THING IN THE WORLD.