Elle Macpherson (born 29 March 1964) is an Australian businesswoman, television host, model, and actress. She is well known for her record five cover appearances for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue beginning in the 1980s, leading to her nickname “The Body”. She is also known as the founder primary model and creative director for a series of business ventures, including Elle Macpherson Intimates, a lingerie line, and The Body, a line of skin care products. In 2010, she became the host and executive producer of Britain & Ireland’s Next Top Model. She is currently an executive producer of NBC’s Fashion Star and was the host for the first season.
1. I’VE DONE ALL THIS STUFF BECAUSE IT’S FUN. IT’S NEVER BEEN ABOUT FAME.
2. I LIKE TO MAKE MOVIES I LIKE TO WATCH.
3. I EAT LIKE A HORSE!
4. I CHOOSE MOVIES, I NEVER CHOOSE ROLES. I LOOK AT THE SCRIPT. I LOOK AT THE DIRECTOR. I LOOK AT THE OTHER ACTORS – AND THEN THE ROLE.
5. BEING A PUBLIC PERSON DOESN’T NECESSARILY MEAN YOU’RE A PIECE OF MEAT FOR EVERYBODY.
6. ANYWAY, I BELIEVE YOU DON’T FIX THE INSIDE BY PUTTING SOMETHING ON THE OUTSIDE.
7. I WANTED SO BADLY TO STUDY BALLET, BUT IT WAS REALLY ALL ABOUT WEARING THE TUTU.
8. I TRY TO MEDITATE EVERY MORNING. IT RELAXES ME, CLEARS MY MIND, AND SETS MY DAY OFF ON THE RIGHT FOOT BEFORE THINGS GET TOO MANIC.
9. I FEEL BEAUTIFUL WHEN I’M AT PEACE WITH MYSELF. WHEN I’M SERENE, WHEN I’M A GOOD PERSON, WHEN I’VE BEEN CONSIDERATE OF OTHERS.
10. I TRY TO FOCUS ON EATING SEASONALLY AND ORGANIC WHENEVER POSSIBLE. IT CAN BE A CHALLENGE, BUT IT HAS A HUGE EFFECT ON MY WEIGHT, MY HEALTH, AND THE ENVIRONMENT.