Evan Rachel Wood (born September 7, 1987) is an American actress, fashion model and singer. She began acting in the 1990s, appearing in several television series, including American Gothic (1995–1996) and Once and Again (1999–2002). Wood made her début as a leading film actress at the age of nine in Digging to China (1998) and became well known after her transition to a more adult-oriented Golden Globe-nominated role in the teen drama film Thirteen (2003).
Wood continued acting mostly in independent films, including Pretty Persuasion (2005), Down in the Valley (2006), Running with Scissors (2006), and in the big studio production Across the Universe (2007). Since 2008, Wood has appeared in more mainstream films, including The Wrestler (2008), Whatever Works (2009) and The Ides of March (2011).
1. I AM TRYING TO BE A GOOD PERSON. I AM TRYING TO BE MYSELF, AND IF NOBODY LIKES ME FOR ME, THAT IS THEIR PROBLEM.
2. WE ALL JUST KINDA DID EVERYTHING WE THOUGHT WE WERE SUPPOSED TO DO AND GIRLS DATED THE GUYS THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO AND DID THINGS WITH THE GUYS THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO.
3. I’VE HONESTLY FALLEN IN LOVE WITH A MAN AND I’VE HONESTLY FALLEN IN LOVE WITH A WOMAN. I DON’T KNOW HOW YOU LABEL THAT, IT’S JUST HOW IT IS.
4. ALL MY LIFE PEOPLE HAVE MADE FUN OF ME BECAUSE I WAS SO SKINNY. THEY KIND OF MADE ME FEEL BAD ABOUT IT SOMETIMES. I WORRIED THAT MAYBE PEOPLE WILL THINK I AM REALLY ANOREXIC.
5. THE BIGGEST LESSONS I’VE LEARNED IN LIFE HAVE PROBABLY COME FROM A BAD SITUATION, FROM AN ANGRY SITUATION, EVEN IF I WASN’T THE ONE WHO WAS ANGRY.
6. I’M A BIG KARAOKE FAN AND I ALSO LOVE JUSTIN BIEBER UNASHAMEDLY.
7. I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE ONE OF THE GUYS AND VERY UNINTIMIDATED.
8. IF I’M GOING TO DO ANYTHING EXTREME, I WANT IT TO HAVE CONSEQUENCES.
9. YOU DON’T HAVE TO TAKE YOURSELF SO SERIOUSLY ALL THE TIME.
10. I DON’T REMEMBER A TIME WHEN I WASN’T ACTING. I HAVE TAKEN TIME OFF TO FIGURE OUT IF IT’S WHAT I REALLY WANT TO DO, AND IT IS. THE ONLY OTHER JOB I’D WANT IS TO BE A PSYCHOLOGIST, AS I SPEND MOST OF MY TIME ANALYZING PEOPLE AND EMOTIONS.