Nicole Evangeline Lilly (born August 3, 1979), better known by the stage name Evangeline Lilly, is a Canadian actress and author. She won multiple Saturn Awards and Teen Choice Awards and a Golden Globe nomination for her role as Kate Austen in the ABC series Lost. She is also known for her roles in films such as Afterwards, The Hurt Locker, and Real Steel. She appeared in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug and will appear in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, the final film in Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit trilogy.
1. I JUST LIKE SHORT HAIR ON WOMEN; I THINK IT’S COOL.
2. IN YOUR 20S YOU CAN BE PRETTY, BUT YOU DON’T ACCOMPLISH REAL BEAUTY UNTIL YOU FIND WISDOM AND DEPTH.
3. I WAS A GOOD STUDENT, I WAS GOOD AT SOCCER, I WAS VICE PRESIDENT OF THE STUDENT COUNCIL, I WAS A PRETTY GIRL.
4. I’M VERY PICKY WHEN IT COMES TO MEN. I COME ACROSS A MAN WHO I’M REALLY ATTRACTED TO ABOUT ONCE EVERY FIVE YEARS.
5. I CONSIDER ACTING A DAY JOB – IT’S NOT MY DREAM; IT’S NOT MY BE-ALL, END-ALL.
6. I ALWAYS WEAR SOMETHING SLIGHTLY MASCULINE.
7. I DEFINITELY COME DOWN ON THE SPIRITUAL SIDE. I THINK VERY FEW THINGS IN LIFE HAPPEN BY CHANCE.
8. I DIDN’T GROW UP IN A HOME THAT GLORIFIED HOLLYWOOD. WE DIDN’T WATCH TV. WE DIDN’T HAVE A LOT OF MAGAZINES AROUND.
9. I LOVE BEING OUTSIDE – THAT’S WHERE I’M THE HAPPIEST.