Gwyneth Kate Paltrow (born September 27, 1972) is an American actress, singer, and food writer. She made her acting debut on stage in 1990 and started appearing in films in 1991. After appearing in several films throughout the decade, Paltrow gained early notice for her work in films such as Seven (1995) and Emma (1996).
Following the films Sliding Doors (1998) and A Perfect Murder (1998), Paltrow garnered worldwide recognition through her performance in Shakespeare in Love (1998), for which she won an Academy Award for Best Actress, a Golden Globe Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards, for Outstanding Lead Actress and as a member of the Outstanding Cast.
1. THE OLDER I GET, THE MORE OPEN-MINDED I GET, THE LESS JUDGMENTAL I GET.
2. WHEN I PASS A FLOWERING ZUCCHINI PLANT IN A GARDEN, MY HEART SKIPS A BEAT.
3. BEAUTY, TO ME IS ABOUT BEING COMFORTABLE IN YOUR OWN SKIN.
4. I’M NOT SURE HOW HEALTHY BACON IS IN GENERAL, BUT I KNOW IT’S INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS.
5. THE SIMPLER THINGS ARE, THE HAPPIER THEY ARE.
6. I REALLY LIKE WHERE TONY ROBBINS SAYS THAT WE’RE ALL HYPNOTIZED TO SEE BEAUTY THIS ONE SPECIFIC WAY, AND IT’S TRUE.
7. I DON’T EAT RED MEAT, BUT SOMETIMES A MAN NEEDS A STEAK.
8. SOMETIMES WHEN THINGS YOU LOVE GET REALLY COMMERCIAL, YOU END UP FEELING BETRAYED BY IT.
9. I TRY TO AVOID BARBECUE POTATO CHIPS. THEY’RE MY WEAKNESS.
10. I LOVE BEING. THERE’S SO MUCH WISDOM IN IT. YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND YOU THINK, HEY, ISN’T IT GREAT JUST BEING?
11. I HAVE A VERY HIGHLY DEVELOPED SENSE OF DENIAL.
12. I DON’T KNOW WHO DECIDED THAT SKINNY WAS MORE APPEALING THAN NOT SKINNY. IT SEEMS ARBITRARY.