Helen Elizabeth Hunt (born June 15, 1963) is an American actress, film director, and screenwriter. She starred in the sitcom Mad About You for seven years before being cast as single mother Carol Connelly in the 1997 romantic comedy film, As Good as It Gets for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress. Some of her other notable films include Twister, Cast Away, What Women Want, Pay It Forward, Soul Surfer and The Sessions. She made her directorial debut in 2007 with Then She Found Me. In addition to her Oscar, Hunt has won four Emmy awards, four Golden Globe awards, and two Screen Actors Guild awards.
1. WE ALL FEEL DISABLED IN SOME WAY. WE ALL FEEL IMPERFECT. IT’S HARD TO BE LOOKED AT FOR VARIOUS REASONS.
2. YOU HAVE FIVE SECONDS TO ENJOY IT AND THEN YOU REMEMBER WHO YOU DIDN’T THANK.
3. WHEN YOU FIRST ENTERED THE RESTAURANT, I THOUGHT YOU WERE HANDSOME… AND THEN, OF COURSE, YOU SPOKE.
4. I USUALLY DON’T READ THINGS WRITTEN ABOUT ME AND I CERTAINLY DON’T READ THINGS IF THEY ARE INAPPROPRIATE.
5. I THINK THAT ALL OF US ARE 5-YEAR-OLDS AND WE DON’T WANT TO BE EMBARRASSED IN THE SCHOOLYARD.
6. I KNOW FOR ME THE SUBJECT OF HOW TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP IS PRECIOUS AND COMPLICATED AND CHALLENGING.
7. IT’S VERY HEALING TO ME TO BE A VERY PRESENT MOTHER. I HOPE THAT IT’S ALSO GOOD FOR HER. BUT IT’S DEFINITELY GOOD FOR ME.
8. I ACTUALLY HAVE A LIFE I SAID I WANTED TO HAVE. I WANTED TO TELL STORIES I WANT AND BE WITH MY FAMILY. I’M WHISPERING IT, BECAUSE I’M A QUARTER JEWISH AND AFRAID IT’S ALL GOING TO BE TAKEN AWAY.
9. I HAVE TO SAY, MY CELEBRITY IS NOT A BIG FACTOR IN MY LIFE. ONCE IN A WHILE SOMEONE TAKES MY PICTURE. BUT I’M NOT EXACTLY ONE OF THE FOUR GIRLS EVERYONE’S CHASING AT THE MOMENT.