Hilary Erhard Duff (born September 28, 1987) is an American actress, singer-songwriter, entrepreneur, model, producer and author. Born and raised in Houston, Texas, she appeared in local theater productions and television commercials in her early childhood. Duff was established as a teen idol after being cast in the Disney Channel television series Lizzie McGuire in the early 2000s and its motion picture The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003), in which she portrayed the titular character. She later appeared in feature films including Agent Cody Banks (2003), Cheaper by the Dozen (2003), A Cinderella Story (2004), and Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005), which are among the biggest commercial successes of her career.
1. IT’S HARD TO STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF AND WHAT YOU WANT IN LIFE WHEN THERE ARE SO MANY DISTRACTIONS AND SO MUCH CRAZINESS GOING ON AROUND YOU.
2. PEOPLE ARE GOING TO SAY WHAT THEY WANT TO SAY AND THINK WHAT THEY WANT TO THINK, AND I CAN’T CHANGE THEIR MINDS.
3. I LOVE CLOTHES. I CAN’T CONTROL MYSELF. I HAVE A HUGE FETISH FOR SHOES AND CLOTHES AND MAKE-UP. I’M THE KIND OF PERSON WHO DOESN’T LIKE TO WEAR THINGS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
4. I KNOW I CAN HANDLE DRAMATIC ROLES, BUT I DON’T THINK I SHOULD HAVE TO PLAY A YOUNG MOTHER ON CRACK TO PROVE IT.
5. WEIRD, BUT SOMETIMES I FEEL MORE LIKE MY CARTOON CHARACTER THAN I DO LIZZIE BECAUSE SHE’S A LITTLE MORE EDGY AND SNAPPY.
6. HUMANS ARE VERY COMPLEX; I DEFINITELY HAVE A NEW RESPECT FOR AUTHORS THAT ARE ABLE TO WRITE BOOKS NONSTOP. IT’S AN INCREDIBLE TALENT.
7. I ATE A BUG ONCE. IT WAS FLYING AROUND ME. I WAS TRYING TO GET IT AWAY. IT WENT RIGHT IN MY MOUTH. IT WAS SO GROSS!
8. I KNEW I WANTED TO ACT, AND I WAS REALLY DRIVEN, SO I KEPT GOING FOR IT. WE MOVED TO L.A. FULL-TIME WHEN I WAS 8 OR 9.
9. I LOVE MY MOM. I TOTALLY LOOK UP TO HER, AND SHE JUST DOESN’T LET ANYBODY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME. PEOPLE MIGHT CALL THAT A STAGE MOM.
10. I THINK I’M HAPPY WITH WHO I AM. I DON’T KNOW IF I LEARNED THAT FROM OTHER GIRLS OR JUST PEOPLE IN GENERAL.
11. I THINK PEOPLE ASSUME I’M PERFECT. I’M NOT. I MAKE MISTAKES. I DO THINGS I REGRET. I’M STUBBORN.
12. I’M DRAWING THE GOSSIP SURROUNDING THE CELEBRITY, OR THE IMAGE THE CELEBRITY TRIES TO PUSH ON US.
13. I THINK EVERY ACTOR IS LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE, AND TO PLAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT, AND TO BE A PART OF A PROJECT WITH OTHER GREAT ACTORS.
14. I THINK AMBITION CAN BE HAVING SOMETHING THAT YOU’RE GOOD AT AND LOVE TO DO.
15. I POP GUM. MY PARENTS GET SO ANNOYED WITH ME. I KNOW MY DAD WISHES HE NEVER TAUGHT ME HOW TO DO THAT.
16. I LOVE MEN WHO HAVE A LOT GOING ON IN THEIR LIVES, LIKE I DO.
17. I HAVE BEEN WRITING SONGS AND POEMS SINCE I WAS A LITTLE GIRL. I STARTED WRITING SHORT SCRIPTS, WHICH EVOLVED INTO THE IDEA FOR A BOOK.
18. MY LIFE IS VERY CRAZY AND BUSY, BUT I LOVE IT THAT WAY.