Shawn Corey Carter (born December 4, 1969), better known by his stage name Jay-Z (sometimes stylized JAY Z), is an American rapper, record producer, entrepreneur, and investor. He is one of the most financially successful hip-hop artists and entrepreneurs in America. In 2012, Forbes estimated Carter’s net worth at nearly $500 million. He has sold approximately 50 million albums worldwide, while receiving seventeen Grammy Awards for his musical work, and numerous additional nominations.Consistently ranked as one of the greatest rappers of all-time, he was ranked #1 by MTV in their list of The Greatest MCs of All-Time in 2006. Two of his albums, Reasonable Doubt (1996) and The Blueprint (2001), are considered landmarks in the genre with both of them being ranked in Rolling Stone magazine’s list of the 500 greatest albums of all time.
1. ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME SO I’M GONE, EITHER LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME ALONE.
2. JEALOUSY’S A WEAK EMOTION.
3. WE CHANGE PEOPLE THROUGH CONVERSATION, NOT THROUGH CENSORSHIP.
4. A POET’S MISSION IS TO MAKE WORDS DO MORE WORK THAN THEY NORMALLY DO, TO MAKE THEM WORK ON MORE THAN ONE LEVEL.
5. IDENTITY IS A PRISON YOU CAN NEVER ESCAPE, BUT THE WAY TO REDEEM YOUR PAST IS NOT TO RUN FROM IT, BUT TO TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT, AND USE IT AS A FOUNDATION TO GROW.
6. I’M NOT A BUSINESSMAN, I’M A BUSINESS, MAN!
7. I BELIEVE YOU CAN SPEAK THINGS INTO EXISTENCE.
8. I’M A HUSTLER, BABY; I SELL WATER TO A WELL!
9. ROSA PARKS SAT SO MARTIN LUTHER KING COULD WALK. MARTIN LUTHER KING WALKED SO OBAMA COULD RUN. OBAMA’S RUNNING SO WE ALL CAN FLY.
10. LIFE IS FOR LIVING, NOT LIVING UPTIGHT, SEE YA SOMEWHERE UP IN THE SKY.
11. YOU KNOW THE TYPE: LOUD AS A MOTORBIKE BUT WOULDN’T BUST A GRAPE IN A FRUIT FIGHT.
12. YOU COULD NAME PRACTICALLY ANY PROBLEM IN THE HOOD AND THERE’D BE A RAP SONG FOR YOU.
13. HIP-HOP IS A PERFECT MIX BETWEEN POETRY AND BOXING.
14. MAY THE BEST OF YOUR TODAY’S BE THE WORST OF YOUR TOMORROW’S.
15. EVERYONE NEEDS A CHANCE TO EVOLVE.