Juan Moreno y Herrera-Jiménez (born 30 July 1948), known as Jean Reno, is a French actor. Working in French, English, Japanese, Spanish and Italian, he has appeared in numerous successful films such as Crimson Rivers, Godzilla, The Da Vinci Code, Mission: Impossible, Ronin, Les visiteurs, Le grand bleu and Léon: The Professional.
Reno was born Juan Moreno y Herrera-Jiménez in Casablanca, Morocco. His Spanish parents were natives of Sanlúcar de Barrameda and Jerez de la Frontera (Spain), and had moved to North Africa to find work and escape the dictatorship of Francisco Franco. His father was a linotypist. His mother died when he was a teenager, and he has a younger sister named María Teresa (“Maite”). Reno was raised Catholic. He moved to France at the age of seventeen and studied acting in the Cours Simon School of Drama.
1. THE ADVANTAGE OF BEING EIGHTY YEARS OLD IS THAT ONE HAS HAD MANY PEOPLE TO LOVE.
2. WE HONOR A GROUP OF YOUNG PEOPLE WHO WERE ESSENTIAL IN BRINGING DOWN A REVILED DICTATORSHIP.
3. ACTUALLY, I ONLY HAVE A FEW FRIENDS IN REAL LIFE. AND WHEN I SAY FRIENDS, I’M REFERRING TO THOSE PEOPLE WHO I’VE KNOWN SINCE THE 1960S.
4. THE IMAGE IS INTERESTING – HE IS REASONABLE. ACTORS MUST HAVE DIFFERENT COLORS, POWERS AND BACKGROUNDS. I’M SURE A MAN IS NOT JUST EITHER TOUGH OR MILD.
5. I’M NOT CRITICIZING PRODUCTS BECAUSE SOMETIMES THEY ARE VERY GOOD TO TELL THE STORIES, BUT THAT’S WHY I TRY ALWAYS TO CHANGE, NOT TO BE ONLY INTO ONE THING. I DIDN’T COME TO BE JUST ONE THING.
6. IN COMEDY, THE RHYTHM IS NOT THE SAME. SOMETIMES YOU HAVE A FEW IMPROVISATIONS YOU’RE OBLIGED TO FOLLOW THEM BECAUSE THE COMEDIAN AND YOU DON’T HAVE THE SAME RHYTHM.
7. THE VILLAIN. I’M THE VILLAIN. AND JOHN MCTIERNAN, A VERY GOOD DIRECTOR, VERY GOOD GUY.