Jennifer Anne Garner (born April 17, 1972) is an American actress and film producer. She gained recognition for her performance as CIA officer Sydney Bristow in the ABC thriller drama series Alias, which aired for five seasons from 2001 to 2006. For her work on the series, Garner won a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
While working on Alias, she gained roles in movies such as Pearl Harbor (2001), and Catch Me if You Can (2002). Since then, Garner has appeared in supporting as well as lead roles in projects including Daredevil (2003), 13 Going on 30 (2004), Elektra (2005), a spin-off of Daredevil, Juno (2007), The Invention of Lying (2009), The Odd Life of Timothy Green (2012), and Dallas Buyers Club (2013). Garner is married to actor and director Ben Affleck, with whom she has three children.
1. I WISH I WAS ONE OF THOSE CUTE PREGNANT GIRLS WHO WEAR SKINNY JEANS THROUGHOUT THEIR PREGNANCIES. BUT I JUST GAIN WEIGHT.
2. BEAUTY COMES FROM A LIFE WELL LIVED. IF YOU’VE LIVED WELL, YOUR SMILE LINES ARE IN THE RIGHT PLACES, AND YOUR FROWN LINES AREN’T TOO BAD, WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED?
3. I HOPED, HOPED, THAT MAYBE I’D BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO DO SOMETHING ON BROADWAY, IN THE CHORUS.
4. I DO LIKE HAVING MY EARS PIERCED, BECAUSE THERE’S A LOT MORE CHOICE IN PIERCED EARRINGS THAN THERE IS WITH CLIP-ONS, AND THEY’RE A LOT MORE COMFORTABLE TO WEAR – SOMETIMES I COMPLETELY FORGET I’VE GOT THEM IN AND END UP GOING TO SLEEP WEARING THEM.
5. WE ALL HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY TO VOLUNTEER SOMEWHERE AND I’M LUCKY THAT I GET THE EDUCATION AND GET TAKEN TO PLACES TO SEE WHAT’S OUT THERE AND SEE WHAT’S HAPPENING AND TO THEN BE A PART OF IT IN HOPEFULLY AN IMPACTFUL WAY.
6. I REBELLED BY NOT GETTING STRAIGHT A’S AND NOT FOLLOWING THE PATH THAT MY ELDER SISTER DID. SHE WAS VALEDICTORIAN AND IS VERY EXEMPLARY IN HER WAY. I LOOK A LOT LIKE HER, SO I JUST HAD TO DO THE OPPOSITE. NOT THAT I GOT BAD GRADES, BUT I WAS ALL ABOUT PERFORMANCE AND JUST FINDING ANY WAY THAT I COULD TO BE INVOLVED IN ANY KIND OF PRODUCTION.
7. I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I CAN’T ABIDE – AND I THINK THE INTERNET HAS REALLY CREATED A SPACE FOR IT – WOMEN CRITICIZING OTHER WOMEN AND MOTHERS CRITICIZING OTHER MOTHERS.
8. NO MATTER WHAT, IT IS VERY TRICKY AND DIFFICULT JUST TO BE A GOOD PARENT AT ALL. I HAVE A LOT OF HELP. AND FOR THAT I’M VERY GRATEFUL.
9. I THOUGHT THE DIVORCE STATISTICS WOULD NEVER APPLY TO ME. I WAS BEYOND HEARTBROKEN WHEN THEY DID. BUT I GOT UP AND GOT ON WITH IT. I ALSO KEPT MY BELIEF IN MARRIAGE.
10. I WOULD ROLL UP PENNIES TO TAKE THE SUBWAY TO WORK IN TIMES SQUARE. I WAS BROKE, BUT I WAS HAPPY.
11. MY PARENTS STARTED WITH VERY LITTLE AND WERE THE ONLY ONES IN THEIR FAMILIES TO GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE. AS PARENTS, THEY FOCUSED ON EDUCATION, BUT DID NOT STOP AT ACADEMICS – THEY MADE SURE THAT WE KNEW MUSIC, SAW ART AND THEATRE AND TRAVELED – EVEN THOUGH IT MEANT BUDGETING LIKE CRAZY.
12. MY BIG SISTER MELISSA, IS SUCH A STUD AND MY LITTLE SISTER SUZANNA, HAS ALWAYS HAD A PERFECT BODY AND BIG BLUE EYES. WE WERE A FORCE.
13. MY SISTERS BOTH ARE WORKING MOTHERS. I UNDERSTAND THAT MY BEING AN ACTRESS AS WELL AS BEING AT HOME ISN’T SOME HEROIC THING. THAT DOESN’T MEAN IT ISN’T CONFUSING OR DIFFICULT – ESPECIALLY THAT QUESTION OF HOW YOU FIND A BALANCE.
14. I THINK THAT BASEBALL GAMES ARE LIKE SOAP OPERAS. IF YOU WATCH FIVE IN A ROW, YOU KNOW ENOUGH TO GET HOOKED.