John Joseph Travolta (born February 18, 1958) is an American actor, dancer, and singer. Travolta first became known in the 1970s, after appearing on the television series Welcome Back, Kotter and starring in the box office successes Saturday Night Fever and Grease. Travolta’s acting career declined through the 1980s. His career enjoyed a resurgence in the 1990s with his role in Pulp Fiction, and he has since continued starring in more recent films such as Face/Off, Ladder 49, and Wild Hogs. Travolta was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor for Saturday Night Fever and Pulp Fiction. He won the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy for his performance in Get Shorty.
1. DANCING’S PART OF MY SOUL. I ENJOY IT, IT MAKES PEOPLE HAPPY, AND IT MAKES ME HAPPY.
2. SO YOU KNOW WHAT I’M GONNA DO? I’M GONNA DO SOMETHING REALLY OUTRAGEOUS, I’M GONNA TELL THE TRUTH.
3. I’VE ALWAYS HAD AN INNATE ABILITY TO DANCE, BUT I’M NOT AS SPIFFY AS THOSE CINEMA LEGENDS LIKE GENE KELLY AND FRED ASTAIRE.
4. I HAVE TO BELIEVE THERE’S SOME OTHER LIFE FORCE OUT THERE. I DON’T KNOW IN WHAT FORM. BUT WE CAN’T HAVE ALL THESE GALAXIES AND UNIVERSES WITHOUT SOMETHING GOING ON.
5. YOU FEEL ALIVE TO THE DEGREE THAT YOU FEEL YOU CAN HELP OTHERS.
6. AND NOW AFTER ALL THIS TIME I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO TRAP HIM… I WILL BECOME HIM.
7. IT’S HARD TO MAKE A CULTURAL PHENOMENON EVERY TIME.
8. I DON’T BELIEVE IN REGRETS; I BELIEVE YOUR FUTURE IS IN YOUR TOMORROWS.
9. THERE ARE UNWANTED EMOTIONS AND PAIN THAT GOES ALONG WITH ANY BIRTH.
10. I THINK, FOR SURE, ‘SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER’ AND ‘PULP FICTION’ WERE KIND OF BOOKENDS FOR – OR THE PILLARS OF – MY CAREER.
11. YOU JUST ACTIVATED A NUCLEAR WARHEAD, MY FRIEND.
12. HE LIVES WITH HIS CREATIVITY IN HIGH GEAR.
13. ACTING IS A MIX OF LUCK AND CHOICE. I GOT LUCKY.
14. AUTISM AND SEIZURES ARE THE LEAST KNOWN AREAS OF ILLNESSES.
15. HAVING KIDS IS SOMETHING YOU CAN’T ALWAYS DO. KIDS ARE LIKE LIGHTNING. YOU GRAB THAT LIGHTNING WHEN YOU CAN GET IT.
16. I ACTUALLY DO LIKE PLAYING OFF-BEAT PEOPLE. I THINK IT’S MORE FUN.
17. I DON’T MIND GEARING MY LIFE TOWARDS PRIVACY. IT’S MY NATURE.
18. I LOVE FUN MOVIES THAT ALSO HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY. THEY TEND TO STAY WITH ME, ALWAYS.
19. I PLAYED FOOTBALL IN THE NINTH AND 10TH GRADE. I LOOKED A LOT LIKE JOE NAMATH, SO I THINK MY LOOKS GOT ME THERE MORE THAN MY ABILITIES.
20. I LOVE BEING REGARDED AS A SEX SYMBOL, BUT I CAN’T TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY.
21. I WAS SUITED FOR FAME, AND I MEAN THAT IN THE MOST NON-EGOCENTRIC WAY. I DON’T MIND GEARING MY LIFE TOWARDS PRIVACY. IT’S MY NATURE.
22. I WILL DIRECT ONE DAY, BUT I HAVE A FEELING THAT IT WILL BE VERY LIMITED.
23. IT’S EASIER TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DECISIONS THAT YOU’VE MADE YOURSELF THAN FOR THE ONES THAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE MADE FOR YOU.
24. OH YEAH, DANCING’S PART OF MY SOUL. I ENJOY IT, IT MAKES PEOPLE HAPPY, AND IT MAKES ME HAPPY.
25. WITH SOME ACTORS, YOU CAN TELL WHEN THEY’RE ACTING ALL BY THEMSELVES, NO MATTER WHO ELSE IS IN THE SCREEN.
26. YOUR LIFE STARTS TO TAKE SHAPE AT 30. YOU DON’T HAVE TO MAKE EXCUSES FOR WHO YOU ARE ANYMORE.
27. I AM NOT AT ALL COMPUTER LITERATE IN REAL LIFE. I HAVEN’T YET FOUND A REASON TO BE. ONCE I FIND A REASON WHY I NEED TO BE ON THE INTERNET, THEN I WILL BE.
28. PEOPLE MAKE JUDGMENTS ABOUT SCIENTOLOGY, BUT OFTEN THEY DON’T KNOW WHAT THEY’RE TALKING ABOUT.
29. I WAS ALWAYS A CHARACTER ACTOR, BASICALLY, THAT SOMETIMES LOOKS LIKE A LEADING MAN.
30. I’VE DONE SO MANY INTERVIEWS THAT I’VE GOTTEN PAST THE EGO AND THE PERSONALITY.
31. SPORTS, ENTERTAINMENT AND AVIATION ARE THREE OF THE MOST EXCITING PROFESSIONS IN THE WORLD; YOU ARE DEALING WITH THE SAME MAGNITUDE.
32. I’M WILLING TO LOOK MY OWN NIGHTMARE ON FILM, BUT IF IT ENDANGERS MY LIFE, THEN I’M WILLING TO PUT MY LIFE BEFORE MOVIES.
33. IT’S THE INTERVIEWEE’S JOB TO KNOW THAT HIS PRIVACY IS GOING TO BE INVADED ON SOME LEVEL. OTHERWISE, YOU ARE BETTER OFF NOT DOING THE INTERVIEW.