Jonathan Rhys Meyers (born 27 July 1977) is an Irish actor.
He is best known for his roles in the films, Velvet Goldmine, Mission Impossible III, Bend It Like Beckham, Match Point and his television roles as Elvis Presley in the biographical miniseries Elvis, which earned him a Golden Globe for Best Actor, and as King Henry VIII in the historical drama The Tudors. He has been the face model for several Hugo Boss fragrances advertising campaigns. In 2013, he appeared as the villain, Valentine Morgenstern in The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, based on Cassandra Clare’s novel, City of Bones. He most recently starred in the NBC drama series Dracula as the titular character. Next up for Jonathan is Stonewall filmed by Roland Emmerich and Byrd and the Bees directed by Finola Hughes.
1. NOBODY’S PERFECT. AND IF YOU THINK THEY ARE, YOU’RE SADLY MISTAKEN.
2. WHEN LITTLE KIDS COME UP TO ME, I’M A FULLY-GROWN ADULT, AND THAT’S ALWAYS WEIRD TO ME.
3. MY MOTHER SAID I WAS A STAR WHEN I WAS ABOUT FOUR YEARS OLD. THAT’S ALL I NEED.
4. EVEN THOUGH I’VE HAD THE BODY OF WORK I’VE HAD, AND THE SUCCESS I’VE HAD, I DO NOT REST ON MY LAURELS WHATSOEVER.
5. I COMPLETELY BELIEVE THAT I WILL PRODUCE MY BEST WORK AND MY BEST WORK WILL COME IN MY THIRTIES.
6. IF I WASN’T SO INSECURE ABOUT MYSELF I WOULDN’T WORK AS HARD AS I DO. I AM CONSTANTLY SEEKING APPROVAL.
7. A LOT OF MY SUCCESS IS BECAUSE OF WHAT I LOOK LIKE. I KNOW THAT.
8. IF ANOTHER ACTOR GETS A GOOD ROLE, I’M FURIOUS.
9. I DIDN’T USE A PHONE UNTIL I WAS 14.
10. I ACTUALLY LIVE VERY, VERY SIMPLY.
11. I GOT PAID 20 GRAND FOR MY FIRST FILM. AND THAT’S THE LOWEST I EVER GOT PAID.