Julia Jones (born January 23, 1981) is an American actress best known for playing Leah Clearwater in The Twilight Saga films based on the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.
Julia Jones was born in Boston, Massachusetts. She is of Choctaw, Chickasaw, and African-American descent and considers herself multiethnic. Jones studied at The Boston Ballet School from the age of 4. She began working in commercials and local theatre when she was eight. Jones graduated from the historic Boston Latin School, the oldest school in America, and later Columbia University with a degree in English. She has modelled in catalogues for Levi’s, The Gap, Esprit, and L’Oreal. She appeared in Chuck Wicks’s music video for Hold That Thought.
1. IF YOU FEEL GOOD, YOU’RE GOING TO LOOK GOOD.
2. I’M A NATIVE AMERICAN ACTRESS.
3. I WAS ACTUALLY A HUGE TOMBOY GROWING UP.
4. NO ONE IS PERFECT AND EVERYONE WISHES THEY COULD CHANGE SOMETHING ABOUT THEMSELVES.
5. I’M, LIKE, A REAL NERD, IN THAT I WILL TAKE A BOOK THAT IS THREE INCHES THICK AND DISAPPEAR AND NOT LEAVE UNTIL IT’S DONE.
6. THERE AREN’T VERY MANY NOTABLE NATIVE AMERICAN FEMALE FIGURES HISTORICALLY. THAT’S THE WAY THAT IT’S BEEN. POCAHONTAS AND SACAGAWEA.