Katerina Alexandre Graham (born September 5, 1989), known professionally as Kat Graham, is a Swiss-born American actress, model, singer, and dancer. She is best known for her role of Bonnie Bennett on The CW television series The Vampire Diaries. Graham worked for Mary Kay company in 2002.
Graham was born in Geneva, Switzerland and raised in Los Angeles, California. Her father, Joseph, is of Americo-Liberian descent, and her mother, Natasha, is of Jewish and Polish origin. Graham’s father was a music executive and the godfather of two of Quincy Jones’ children. Her paternal grandfather was a UN Ambassador, serving for 40 years in The Netherlands, Sweden, Romania, and Kenya. Her parents divorced when she was five.
1. THERE WAS A TIME WHEN MEN THOUGHT IT WAS SEXY TO HAVE A HOUSEWIFE WAITING FOR HIM TO COME HOME FROM WORK IN HER SLIPPERS, BUT IN MODERN SOCIETY, I THINK AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN IS EVEN MORE SEXY.
2. I AM MORE VINTAGE THAN I AM HIGH FASHION.
3. I ACTUALLY GOT A PLAY FROM AUDITIONING FOR SOMETHING IN ‘BACK STAGE’ MAGAZINE.
4. I’M ALL ABOUT HIGH-WAISTED PANTS AND SKIRTS, PENCIL SKIRTS, AND SHEER, LONG-SLEEVES IN THE SUMMER.
5. IF I WAS ON BROADWAY, I WOULD WANT TO DO ANYTHING VAUDEVILLE OR A BIOPIC.
6. IF I HAVE AN AUDITION, I GO TO THE AUDITION IN CHARACTER. I’M IN CHARACTER WHEN I WALK IN THE ROOM. I MEAN, I’M STILL SWEET TO EVERYONE, BUT I’M VERY MUCH THE CHARACTER.
7. I’VE ALWAYS BEEN INVOLVED WITH CHARITIES AND THINGS LIKE THAT, BUT WHEN I STARTED COMMUNICATING WITH THE FANS AND HEARING THEIR STORIES ABOUT THE LIVES THEY LEAD, IT REALLY MADE AN IMPACT ON ME.
8. I’M VERY STRANGE, I’M NOT GOING TO LIE.
9. I COMPLETELY TOOK OFF MY EYEBROWS ONE TIME FOR A SCREEN TEST. I HAVEN’T EVEN GOTTEN THE ROLE YET. SO YOU HAVE TO HAVE A COMMITMENT.
10. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ME KNOWS WHAT I’M ABOUT – HOW MUCH I’M INTO EMPOWERMENT, EQUAL RIGHTS AND EVERYONE JUST LOVING THEMSELVES.
11. I HAVE MORE OF A DESIRE TO WRITE SONGS ABOUT BEING AN INDEPENDENT WOMAN THAN BEING IN LOVE, SONGS ABOUT GETTING UP AND MOVING ON EVEN IF I HAVE A BROKEN HEART.
12. I USED TO READ THE CRITICISM ON BLOGS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE – MOSTLY FEMALE ACTRESSES AND SINGERS – AND EVEN WHEN THEY ARE EXTREMELY PERFECT AND HARMLESS, PEOPLE STILL GO AFTER THEM. SO I FIGURE, IF I’M GOING TO GET NEGATIVITY REGARDLESS, WHY DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT SOMEBODY THINKS OF ME?
13. TO ME, SUCCESS IS MAKING A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE THROUGH ART – MAKING ART THAT AFFECTS THE WORLD AND THAT CHANGES THE WAY PEOPLE FEEL ABOUT THEMSELVES AND THE WORLD.
14. I’M OBSESSED WITH COOKING! I WANT A DEGREE IN THE CULINARY ARTS!
15. I LIKE THE IDEA OF BEING SO PASSIONATE ABOUT EVERYTHING I DO AND THE FACT THAT I MIGHT WAKE UP TOMORROW AND SAY ‘I WANT TO BE A CHEF,’ AND JUST POUR MYSELF INTO THAT.