Kate Moss (born 16 January 1974) is an English model. Born in Croydon, Greater London, Moss was discovered in 1988 at the age of 14 by Sarah Doukas, the founder of Storm Model Management, at JFK Airport in New York City.
Moss rose to fame in the early 1990s as part of the heroin chic fashion trend. She is known for her waifish figure, and role in size zero fashion. She would later go on to have campaigns for a variety of designers including Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Calvin Klein, Chanel and Rimmel. Moss received a Special Recognition award in December at the 2013 British Fashion Awards to acknowledge her contribution to the fashion industry during her 25-year career.
1. IT IS QUITE AMAZING WHAT I DIDN’T FEEL AFTER A WHILE. I DIDN’T REALLY WANT TO FEEL THINGS.
2. I’D GO ON THE TRAIN TO CASTINGS, CHANGING FROM MY SCHOOL UNIFORM ON THE TRAIN. I CARRIED ON LIKE THAT FOR A FEW YEARS, GETTING JOBS IN BITS AND PIECES.
3. LILA CAN’T BE A MODEL UNTIL SHE’S AT LEAST 21. SHE IS ALREADY A MINI-ME – IT IS SCARY. SHE ALREADY HAS HER OWN BEAUTY KIT.
4. PEOPLE DON’T HEAR ME TALK. THEY DON’T EXPECT ME TO.
5. GOING TO THE GYM WOULDN’T BE ON MY LIST OF FAVORITE THINGS TO DO.
6. I LIKE CREATING IMAGES.
7. WHAT PEOPLE SAY ISN’T GOING TO STOP ME. I HAVE TO DO THINGS FOR MYSELF.
8. NOW I’M BEING BLAMED NOT ONLY FOR ANOREXIA BUT FOR LUNG CANCER. – ON BEING A SOCIAL SMOKER.
9. JAM! I LOVE MY JAM. I’VE JUST HAD A BATCH OF IT COME THROUGH, I’VE BEEN MAKING IT.
10. I THOUGHT IT WAS QUITE VAIN TO SAY, I WANT TO BE A MODEL.
11. NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS.
12. IT SOUNDS REALLY CORNY BUT I THINK THAT IF YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE IT SHOWS ON THE OUTSIDE, FOR SURE.