Kathleen Doyle “Kathy” Bates (born June 28, 1948) is an American actress and film director. After appearing in several minor roles in film and television during the 1970s and the 1980s, Bates rose to prominence with her performance in Misery (1990), for which she won both the Academy Award for Best Actress and a Golden Globe. She followed this with major roles in Fried Green Tomatoes (1991) and Dolores Claiborne (1995), before playing a featured role as Molly Brown in Titanic (1997).
1. I WENT FROM YEARS OF HONING MY CRAFT TO SUDDEN RECOGNITION. IT WAS QUITE A LIFE CHANGER.
2. I’M NOT A STUNNING WOMAN.
3. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY WEIGHT.
4. DRAMA COMES MORE NATURALLY TO ME. IT’S THE COMEDY YOU REALLY HAVE TO DELVE INTO.
5. EVERY TIME AN OSCAR IS GIVEN OUT, AN AGENT GETS HIS WINGS.
6. THE OSCAR CHANGED EVERYTHING. BETTER SALARY, WORKING WITH BETTER PEOPLE, BETTER PROJECTS, MORE EXPOSURE, LESS PRIVACY.
7. JACK MADE IT VERY COMFORTABLE FOR ME ON THE SET. WE’D MET SOCIALLY BEFORE BUT NEVER WORKED TOGETHER. YOU KNOW, HE’S VERY PROFESSIONAL, VERY DISCIPLINED AND HE’S ALWAYS PREPARED AND KNOWS HIS LINES.