Kathleen Marie “Kathy” Ireland (born March 20, 1963) is an American model, actress, author and entrepreneur. Ireland was a supermodel in the 1980s and 1990s, best known for appearing in 13 consecutive Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues. In 1993, she founded a brand marketing company, “kathy ireland Worldwide”, which has made her one of the wealthiest former models in the world.
Kathy Ireland was born in 1963 in Glendale, California, the daughter of John Ireland, a labor union organizer, and Barbara Ireland, who worked in charity.
1. FOR ME THE QUESTION WAS, DO I WANT MY PAYCHECK TO BE DEPENDENT ON HOW OTHER PEOPLE THINK I LOOK?
2. I WON’T GIVE UP MY DAY JOB OF DESIGN.
3. BEAUTY COMES FROM THE INSIDE.
4. I THINK I’M TOO MUCH OF A CONTROL FREAK.
5. I ALWAYS KNEW I BELONGED ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE LENS.
6. OUR MISSION BEGAN WITH FINDING SOLUTIONS FOR FAMILIES, ESPECIALLY BUSY MOMS.
7. I WOULD SAY MY SENSE OF ADVENTURE OUTWEIGHS MY GRACE.
8. DON’T JUST WORK FOR THE MONEY; THAT WILL BRING ONLY LIMITED SATISFACTION.
9. IN BUSINESS IT’S ABOUT PEOPLE. IT’S ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS.
10. I’M A CURIOUS PERSON. I LIKE TO ASK QUESTIONS.
11. I WANT TO BE HEALTHY, TO BE THERE FOR MY HUSBAND AND MY KIDS.
12. I WAS NOT MAKING ENOUGH TIME TO TAKE CARE OF ME.