Kevin Spacey Fowler (born July 26, 1959) is an American actor, film director, screenwriter, and film producer. He began his career as a stage actor during the 1980s, before being cast in supporting roles in film and television. He gained critical acclaim in the early 1990s, culminating in his first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for The Usual Suspects (1995), followed by an Academy Award for Best Actor for American Beauty (1999).
1. IF YOU’RE LUCKY ENOUGH TO DO WELL, IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO SEND THE ELEVATOR BACK DOWN.
2. NO ONE’S PERSONAL LIFE IS IN THE PUBLIC INTEREST. IT’S GOSSIP, BOTTOM LINE. END OF STORY.
3. WE’RE ALL VICTIMS OF OUR OWN HUBRIS AT TIMES.
4. AT THE END OF THE DAY, PEOPLE HAVE TO RESPECT PEOPLE’S DIFFERENCES. I AM DIFFERENT THAN SOME PEOPLE WOULD LIKE ME TO BE.
5. AS THE YEARS HAVE GONE ON, I FIND ONE OF THE DANGERS OF WATCHING DAILIES… IS YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH MOMENTS.
6. I’M AWARE THAT, FROM THE OUTSIDE, THIS LOOKS LIKE I’VE GOT QUITE AN EGO.
7. I’VE BEEN ON SETS WHERE THINGS WEREN’T RELAXED BECAUSE SOMEONE WAS CREATING TENSION FOR NO REASON.
8. PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT REASONS FOR THE WAY THEY LIVE THEIR LIVES. YOU CANNOT PUT EVERYONE’S REASONS IN THE SAME BOX.
9. THE LESS YOU KNOW ABOUT ME, THE EASIER IT IS TO CONVINCE YOU THAT I AM THAT CHARACTER ON SCREEN.
10. I AM DIFFERENT THAN SOME PEOPLE WOULD LIKE ME TO BE. I JUST DON’T BUY INTO THAT THE PERSONAL CAN BE POLITICAL.
11. FOR ME, COMING TO WORK EVERY DAY HAS TURNED OUT TO BE EXACTLY WHAT I HOPED IT WOULD BE.
12. IT’S NOT EASY TO SUSTAIN A LONG CAREER, AND SOMETIMES I DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT HOW LONG I’VE BEEN DOING IT.