Elizabeth Woolridge Grant (born June 21, 1985), known by her stage name Lana Del Rey, is an American singer-songwriter. Del Rey started songwriting at the age of 18 and signed her first recording contract with 5 Points Records in 2007, releasing her first digital album Lana Del Ray in January 2010. Del Rey bought herself out of the contract with 5 Points Records in April 2010. She signed a joint contract with Interscope, Polydor, and Stranger Records in July 2011.
1. FASHION IS INSPIRED BY YOUTH AND NOSTALGIA AND DRAWS INSPIRATION FROM THE BEST OF THE PAST.
2. I HAVE A PERSONAL AMBITION TO LIVE MY LIFE HONESTLY AND HONOR THE TRUE LOVE THAT I’VE HAD AND ALSO THE PEOPLE I’VE HAD AROUND ME.
3. I USED TO WONDER IF IT WAS GOD’S PLAN THAT I SHOULD BE ALONE FOR SO MUCH OF MY LIFE. BUT I FOUND PEACE. I FOUND HAPPINESS WITHIN PEOPLE AND THE WORLD.
4. PEOPLE ARE REALLY TALKATIVE IN NEW YORK. SOMEONE ALWAYS COMES UP TO ME AND SAYS ‘HI’ DURING THE DAY.
5. IF YOU ARE BORN AN ARTIST, YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO FIGHT TO STAY AN ARTIST.
6. A LOT OF THE TIME WHEN I WRITE ABOUT THE PERSON THAT I LOVE, I FEEL LIKE I’M WRITING ABOUT NEW YORK.
7. WHEN I WALK OUTSIDE, PEOPLE HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT IT.
8. MY MUSIC IS A LUXURY.
9. I’M A WRITER FIRST AND A SINGER SECOND.
10. THERE’S BACKLASH ABOUT EVERYTHING I DO.
11. I LOVE TO SING AND I REALLY LOVE TO WRITE, BUT IN TERMS OF BEING ONSTAGE, I’M NOT THAT COMFORTABLE, WHICH I THINK IS SORT OF CLEAR.
12. HAVING A SIMPLE CAREER AS A MUSICIAN WHO LIKED MUSIC WAS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.
13. I’M ALWAYS JUST SURPRISED WHEN SOMEONE WRITES SOMETHING ABOUT ME.
14. SEEING MYSELF ON THE SCREEN MAKES ME CRINGE. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM THAT WAY – POUTY.