Lauren Hutton (born November 17, 1943) is an American model and actress. Hutton notably appeared on the cover of Vogue magazine on 28 occasions and earned more than any other model within a decade-long period.
Hutton was born Mary Laurence Hutton in Charleston, South Carolina, United States. Hutton’s parents divorced when she was young and, after her mother remarried, her last name was changed to her stepfather’s name, “Hall”; although, he never formally adopted her. She graduated from Chamberlain High School in Tampa, Florida, US in 1961, and was among the first students to attend the University of South Florida in 1960.
1. LORD KNOWS, I NEVER WANT TO WASTE ANY MORE OF MY TIME IN MIRRORS.
2. WHEN I WENT BACK TO MODELING, NOBODY KNEW HOW TO DEAL WITH A 46-YEAR-OLD MODEL!
3. I’M NOT PART OF THE CULTURAL ELITE. I’M A DOWN-HOME GIRL. ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, ALWAYS WILL BE.
4. I’D LIKE TO BE THE FIRST MODEL WHO BECOMES A WOMAN.
5. I HAD ALWAYS BROKEN THE RULES.
6. I DISCOVERED MYSELF!
7. WE NEED A NEW RELIGION.
8. I DON’T SPEND MUCH MONEY ON CLOTHES; I NEVER DID.
9. I BECAME A SPECIALIST AT COMEDIC ONE-LINERS.
10. THERE ARE PLENTY OF BEAUTIFUL GIRLS WHO DON’T PHOTOGRAPH WELL.
11. IN 1974, THE MODELING WORLD CHANGED. JERRY FORD AND MY LAWYER NEGOTIATED THE DEAL FOR THE FIRST EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT IN MODELING HISTORY.