Leslie William Nielsen (11 February 1926 – 28 November 2010) was a Canadian-American actor and comedian. Nielsen appeared in more than one hundred films and 150 television programs over the span of his career, portraying more than 220 characters.
Nielsen was born in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. He enlisted in the Royal Canadian Air Force and later worked as a disc jockey before receiving a scholarship to study theatre at the Neighborhood Playhouse. Making his television debut in 1948, he quickly expanded to over 50 television appearances two years later.
1. THE REASON THEY CALL IT ‘GOLF’ IS THAT ALL THE OTHER 4 LETTER WORDS WERE USED UP.
2. DOING NOTHING IS VERY HARD TO DO… YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU’RE FINISHED.
3. I PLAYED A LOT OF LEADERS, AUTOCRATIC SORTS; PERHAPS IT WAS MY CANADIAN ACCENT.
4. I WORE THAT SAME SHIRT YESTERDAY PLAYING GOLF. THERE GOES THE NIKE ACCOUNT.
5. THE REASON THERE’S A QUESTION MARK ON MY FRONT DOOR IS JUST IN CASE I FORGET MY ADDRESS.
6. IT WAS A BOY’S NAME FIRST.
7. I LIKE THAT KIND OF ‘STRAIGHT-FACED’ COMEDY. I LIKE TO BE STRAIGHT-FACED AND OUTRAGEOUS.
8. SHIRLEY! DON’T CALL ME SHIRLEY!
9. I’VE FINALLY FOUND MY HOME – AS LT. FRANK DREBIN.
10. I REALLY HAVE TO KEEP AN EYE ON MYSELF, BECAUSE SOMETIMES I THINK I MIGHT SAY SOMETHING IMPORTANT.