Liu Wen (born January 27, 1988) is a Chinese fashion model. She is the first model of East Asian descent to walk the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. In 2010, she became the first spokesmodel of Asian descent for Estée Lauder, alongside Constance Jablonski and Joan Smalls. In 2012, The New York Times named her “China’s first bona fide supermodel.” In 2013, she became the first Asian model to ever make Forbes magazine’s annual highest-paid models list. In April 2014, American Vogue noted her as having “by far, the biggest social-media audience of any model” in their coverage of social media’s rise in the fashion industry. And in July 2014, Models.com dubbed her as the first ever Asian “New Supermodel.”
1. WHEN I’M STUDYING ENGLISH I LOVE TO WATCH ‘FRIENDS’ OR ‘NIKITA.’
2. STRIPED SHIRTS AND PRINTED SHORTS, JEANS, AND TROUSERS ARE ALL ITEMS I BUY AND WEAR A LOT IN MY PRIVATE LIFE.
3. ROMANTIC MUSIC REALLY STIRS MY SOUL. AND, OF COURSE, I LOVE CHINESE MUSIC; IT MAKES ME FEEL CLOSER TO HOME.
4. I DON’T USE ANY MAKEUP IF I’M NOT DOING WORK.
5. FASHION IS A GOOD JOB FOR A YOUNG GIRL. I LIKE CLOTHES – I LIKE TO PLAY WITH CLOTHES. I LIKE DIY; I LIKE TO MAKE OUTFIT.
6. NO ONE ELSE IN MY FAMILY WORKS IN THE FASHION INDUSTRY.
7. I’M NOT THAT BIG A CELEBRITY. I’M JUST AN ORDINARY PERSON.
8. IN MY SCHOOL DAYS, EVERYONE THOUGHT I’M TOO TALL FOR A CHINESE GIRL.
9. I COLLECT A LOT OF ECO-FRIENDLY SHOPPING BAGS THAT SERVE TO SEPARATE MY SHOES OTHER AND OTHER SMALL STUFF IN MY LUGGAGE.
10. I NEVER WORE HIGH HEELS IN MY HOMETOWN.
11. MY FAVOURITE CITY IS MIAMI. IT’S VERY FRESH AND THE BEACH IS SUNNY.