Liza May Minnelli (born March 12, 1946) is an American actress and singer. She is the daughter of singer and actress Judy Garland and film director Vincente Minnelli.
Already established as a nightclub singer and musical theatre actress, she first attracted critical acclaim for her dramatic performances in the movies The Sterile Cuckoo (1969), and Tell Me That You Love Me, Junie Moon (1970); Minnelli then rose to international stardom for her appearance as Sally Bowles in the 1972 film version of the Broadway musical Cabaret, for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role. She later co-starred in Arthur (1981), starring with Dudley Moore (in the title role) and Sir John Gielgud.
1. DREAM ON IT. LET YOUR MIND TAKE YOU TO PLACES YOU WOULD LIKE TO GO, AND THEN THINK ABOUT IT AND PLAN IT AND CELEBRATE THE POSSIBILITIES. AND DON’T LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO DREAM.
2. I’VE SAID IT BEFORE, BUT IT’S ABSOLUTELY TRUE: MY MOTHER GAVE ME MY DRIVE, BUT MY FATHER GAVE ME MY DREAMS. THANKS TO HIM, I COULD SEE A FUTURE.
3. THE REGRETS OF YESTERDAY AND THE FEAR OF TOMORROW CAN KILL YOU.
4. BEN VEREEN IS GOING TO BE ON THE SHOW WITH ME, TOO.
5. REALITY IS SOMETHING YOU RISE ABOVE.
6. I WORKED VERY HARD, BUT I THINK IT’S UNFAIR TO MAKE IT ALL SOUND LIKE IT’S ALL DAVID’S FAULT.
7. INITIALLY, I WANTED TO BE AN ICE SKATER, BUT THEN WHEN I WAS 13 I SAW BYE BYE BIRDIE, AND THAT WAS IT – I WANTED TO BE ON BROADWAY.
8. I BELIEVE ALL DRUNKS GO TO HEAVEN, BECAUSE THEY’VE BEEN THROUGH HELL ON EARTH.
9. I HAD THE DRINK AFTER I FELL OUT OF BED. IT HURT.
10. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN THIS WORLD. I REALLY BELIEVE THAT.
11. YOU SEE, THAT’S ANOTHER THING THAT MY PARENTS GAVE ME: AN ENORMOUSLY GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR.
12. SMOKING IS ONE OF THE LEADING CAUSES OF ALL STATISTICS.
13. BUT I DON’T THINK THERE’S ANY REASON TO GET MARRIED AGAIN, ESPECIALLY AFTER WHAT I’VE BEEN THROUGH.
14. BUT GOD REALLY DID BLESS ME, YOU KNOW? HE REALLY SAID, ALL RIGHT. COME ON. I’M STILL WAITING FOR YOU. GET OVER HERE. GET OVER HERE.
15. AUDIENCES ARE THE SAME ALL OVER THE WORLD, AND IF YOU ENTERTAIN THEM, THEY’LL RESPOND.
16. I MEAN, I INHERITED THE DISEASE OF ALCOHOLISM, AND I LEARNED EARLY TO GET HELP WHEN I NEEDED IT. I ALWAYS WENT TO PEOPLE WHO KNEW MORE THAN I DID.
17. I MEAN, I INHERITED THE DISEASE OF ALCOHOLISM, AND I LEARNED EARLY TO GET HELP WHEN I NEEDED IT.
18. I’M FINE, AND MY HIPS ARE FINE. MY FALSE KNEE IS FINE. MY FALSE HIPS ARE FINE. EVERYTHING’S COOKING.