Lucy Punch (born 30 December 1977) is an English film, stage and television actress. Her feature film credits include Hot Fuzz, Bad Teacher, You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, Dinner for Schmucks, and Into the Woods.
Punch was born in London. She was educated privately at Godolphin School and then Latymer Upper School. She performed with the National Youth Theatre from 1993 to 1997 and began a course at University College London before dropping out to become an actress. Since 2006 Punch has lived in West Hollywood, Los Angeles.
1. I’M A REALLY GOOD DINNER PARTY GUEST. I AM ALWAYS SO APPRECIATIVE, IMPRESSED THAT ANYONE HAS EVEN MANAGED TO TURN ON THE OVEN AND COOK FOR ME.
2. AS LONG AS IT’S FUNNY, THERE’S NO SUCH THING AS TOO FAR.
3. I TEND TO EAT GEOGRAPHICALLY. WHEN I’M IN L.A., I LIKE TO EAT L.A. FOOD.
4. THAT’S NICE, TO BE COMPARED TO JOANNA LUMLEY. SHE PLAYED MY MOTHER ONCE IN ‘ELLA ENCHANTED.’ I WAS ONE OF THE UGLY SISTERS, AND SHE WAS THE STEPMOTHER, SO THAT WAS GREAT. I’LL TAKE THAT COMPARISON, THANK YOU.
5. I AM TERRIFIED OF BEING MISJUDGED BY THOUSANDS OF FACELESS TWITTERERS.
6. I HAD A VERY NICE, COZY CHILDHOOD. I DID LOTS OF PLAYS AT SCHOOL AND WORKED WITH THE NATIONAL YOUTH THEATRE AS A TEENAGER.
7. I FEEL VERY LUCKY THAT I MAKE A LIVING DOING WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO.
8. MY MOTHER LOVED GENE WILDER WHEN I WAS GROWING UP, SO I USED TO WATCH ALL HIS MOVIES WITH HER. I JUST ADORE HIM.
9. TO BE HONEST, AND I MAY REGRET SAYING THIS, THE IDEA OF PLAYING THE SAME CHARACTER FOR A VERY LONG TIME IS VERY DAUNTING TO ME.
10. TRYING TO LOOK COOL AND LOVELY IN COMEDY IS A RECIPE FOR DISASTER. YOU HAVE TO LET GO.