Macaulay Carson Culkin (born August 26, 1980) is an American actor. He became famous for his role as Kevin McCallister in Home Alone and Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. He is also known for his roles in Richie Rich, Uncle Buck, My Girl, The Pagemaster, Party Monster, and the music video for Michael Jackson’s “Black or White”. At the height of his fame, he was regarded as the most successful child actor since Shirley Temple. Culkin ranked at number two on VH1’s list of the “100 Greatest Kid-Stars” and E!’s list of the “50 Greatest Child Stars”.
1. I’VE ALWAYS SAID THAT ACTING FOUND ME. I DIDN’T REALLY FIND IT.
2. I’M NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO NEEDS THAT GRATIFICATION OF DOING, LIKE, 10 FILMS A YEAR.
3. I’D MADE ENOUGH MADE MONEY BY THE TIME I WAS 12 TO NEVER WORK AGAIN, SO IT’S NOT ABOUT A BIG PAY CHECK WITH ME.
4. I HOPE I’M REMEMBERED AS THE KING OF THE WORLD, THE NOBLE MAN WHO UNITED ALL THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH. BUT THAT PROBABLY WON’T HAPPEN.
5. I HAD ALL THE FAME ANYONE COULD WANT, AND I RAN AWAY FROM IT.
6. I DON’T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DEFINE MYSELF. I’M A PERSON WHO WRITES. IT’S SOMETHING I ENJOY, AND HOPEFULLY PEOPLE ENJOY IT AS WELL.
7. GOSH, I COULDN’T EVEN TALK RIGHT UNTIL I WAS ABOUT 6 YEARS OLD OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
8. ALL THE CHILD-STAR CLICHES, I’VE TRIED VERY HARD TO AVOID THEM ALL.
9. ACTING FOUND ME. I THOUGHT MAYBE I SHOULD TRY TO FIND IT AGAIN. WE’LL SEE.
10. A LOT OF PEOPLE MEET ME AND THEY’RE LIKE, ‘WHY AREN’T YOU CRAZY?’
11. MICHAEL JACKSON AND I TALK ALL THE TIME. I THINK WE UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER IN A WAY THAT MOST PEOPLE CAN’T UNDERSTAND EITHER OF US.