Marc Jacobs (born April 9, 1963) is an American fashion designer. He is the head designer for Marc Jacobs, as well as Marc by Marc Jacobs, a diffusion line, with over 200 retail stores in 80 countries. He was the creative director of the French design house Louis Vuitton from 1997 to 2013. Jacobs was on Time magazine’s “2010 Time 100” list of the 100 most influential people in the world, and ranked number 14 on Out magazine’s 2012 list of “50 Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America”.
1. I STILL APPRECIATE INDIVIDUALITY. STYLE IS MUCH MORE INTERESTING THAN FASHION, REALLY.
2. TO ME, BEAUTY AND MAKEUP AND COLOR IS LIKE THE FINISHING TOUCH ON EVERYTHING.
3. ANY OPPORTUNITY TO ADORN ONESELF IS HUMAN, AND ACCESSORIES ARE AN EASY WAY TO DO IT.
4. GRUNGE IS A HIPPIE ROMANTIC VERSION OF PUNK.
5. CLOTHES MEAN NOTHING UNTIL SOMEONE LIVES IN THEM.
6. I LOVE TO TAKE THINGS THAT ARE EVERYDAY AND COMFORTING AND MAKE THEM INTO THE MOST LUXURIOUS THINGS IN THE WORLD.
7. I’M NOT GOOD AT HIDING MY FEELINGS. I’M ALSO NOT GOOD AT LYING. I’M VERY OPEN ABOUT EVERYTHING.
8. I’M NOT A MODEL, SO THE IDEA OF MODELLING A SUIT OR CLOTHES IS WEIRD IN ITSELF.
9. IT’S SOMETIMES SAID THAT I’M REBELLIOUS AND I DO THINGS TO PUSH PEOPLE’S BUTTONS, BUT I JUST LIKE THE CHALLENGE.
10. IT’S QUITE NICE TO SEE THAT I DIDN’T HAVE TO CHANGE WHO I WAS TO REACH TWO VERY DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE.