Mark Robert Michael Wahlberg (born June 5, 1971) is an American actor, producer, model, and former rapper. He was known as Marky Mark in his earlier years, becoming famous for his 1991 debut as frontman with the band Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. He later transitioned to acting, and is now known for his roles in films, including Boogie Nights (1997), Three Kings (1999), The Perfect Storm (2000), Planet of the Apes (2001), Rock Star (2001), The Italian Job (2003), The Departed (2006) for which he was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, The Other Guys (2010), The Fighter (2010), Ted (2012), Lone Survivor (2013), and Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014). He has also served as executive producer of three HBO series: Entourage, Boardwalk Empire, and How to Make It in America.
1. I DON’T WANNA HEAR NOBODY COMPLAIN THAT THEY’RE GETTING PAID ALL THIS MONEY AND PEOPLE WON’T LEAVE THEM ALONE. IT’S PART OF IT.
2. I’M ALWAYS FRIENDLY AND ENCOURAGING ON SET. I WANT PEOPLE TO BE AT THEIR BEST CREATIVELY.
3. THE FIRST THING I DO WHEN I START MY DAY IS, I GET DOWN ON MY HANDS AND KNEES AND GIVE THANKS TO GOD. WHENEVER I GO OUTSIDE OF MY HOUSE, THE FIRST THING I DO IS STOP AT THE CHURCH.
4. I HAVE MORE MONEY NOW THAN I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH.
5. WHEN I WAS A RAPPER, THE GROUPIES DIDN’T HAVE TO TRY TOO HARD WITH ME. JUST SHOW UP AT THE HOTEL.
6. WOMEN DON’T GET THE CREDIT THEY DESERVE.
7. I NEVER LIE. I BELIEVE EVERYTHING I SAY, SO IT’S NOT A LIE.
8. IF I CAN START MY DAY OUT BY SAYING MY PRAYERS AND GETTING MYSELF FOCUSED, THEN I KNOW I’M DOING THE RIGHT THING. THAT 10 MINUTES HELPS ME IN EVERY WAY THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
9. THE WORLD IS VERY DIFFERENT TODAY THAN IT WAS IN 1968.
10. FOR ME, FAMILY ALWAYS COMES FIRST; I WOULD DO ANYTHING TO PROTECT THEM.
11. I’M THE FATHER OF TWO BOYS AND TWO GIRLS, SO I’M MORE AN EMOTIONAL WRECK THAN A MUSHBALL.
12. YOU KNOW, THERE’S NOTHING LIKE SEEING THE SMILE ON MY KIDS’ FACES. LAUGHING TOGETHER. PLAYING. IT’S THE BEST.
13. I’VE ALWAYS LOOKED AT MY CAREER AS AN ATHLETE WOULD LOOK AT HIS. I WON’T PLAY FOREVER. SOME DON’T KNOW WHEN TO WALK AWAY, BUT THE SMART ONES DO.
14. THE ENVIRONMENT I WAS RAISED IN, YOU HAD TO, TO SURVIVE.
15. IF I SUCCEED IN BUSINESS BUT FAIL AS A FATHER, THEN I’VE FAILED.
16. IMMORTALITY… IS THAT A SUPER POWER?