Matthew Paige “Matt” Damon (born October 8, 1970) is an American actor, voice actor, screenwriter, producer, and philanthropist whose career was launched following the success of the drama film Good Will Hunting (1997) from a screenplay he co-wrote with friend and actor Ben Affleck. The pair won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay and the Golden Globe Award for Best Screenplay for their work. For his performance in the film, Damon received nominations for the Academy Award, Golden Globe Award, Satellite Award, and the Screen Actors Guild Award for Best Actor.
1. IT’S BETTER TO BE A FAKE SOMEBODY THAN A REAL NOBODY.
2. MY WIFE IS MY SOULMATE. I CAN’T IMAGINE BEING WITHOUT HER.
3. I’D LOVE TO BE A DAD. I HOPE I’D BE GREAT AT IT. THAT’S EVERY MAN’S FEAR, YET HIS MOST IMPORTANT JOB.
4. FOR RIPLEY I LEARNED TO PLAY SOME SONGS ON THE PIANO, AND I NEVER REALLY PLAYED THEM AGAIN.
5. IF ANYBODY WANTED TO PHOTOGRAPH MY LIFE, THEY’D GET BORED IN A DAY.
6. MY MOTHER IS A PROFESSOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION. WHEN I WAS TWO SHE WOULD SAY SHE KNEW I WAS GOING TO BE AN ACTOR.
7. NOW I FEEL I HAVE AN UNSPOKEN DEAL WITH THE PAPARAZZI: ‘I WON’T DO ANYTHING PUBLICLY INTERESTING IF YOU AGREE NOT TO FOLLOW ME.’
8. IT’S JUST BETTER TO BE YOURSELF THAN TO TRY TO BE SOME VERSION OF WHAT YOU THINK THE OTHER PERSON WANTS.
9. RIGHT BEFORE ‘THE BOURNE IDENTITY’ CAME OUT, I HADN’T BEEN OFFERED A MOVIE IN A YEAR.
10. IF YOUR MOVIES DON’T PERFORM, THEY JUST STOP CALLING YOU.