Michael Kors (born August 9, 1959) is a New York City-based fashion designer widely known for designing classic American sportswear for women. He is Honorary Chairman and Chief Creative Officer for his company, Michael Kors Holdings Limited (KORS).
Kors was born Karl Anderson, Jr. in Long Island, New York, the son of Joan Kors, a former model, and her first husband, Karl Anderson, a college student. His mother got remarried to Bill Kors when he was five, and his surname was changed to Kors. His mother told him that he could choose a new first name as well; subsequently he renamed himself Michael David Kors.
1. I WASN’T BARBIE-OBSESSED. I THINK MY MOTHER MIGHT HAVE BEEN MY BARBIE.
2. THE ’90S WILL BE LOOKED BACK ON AS USHERING IN AN ERA OF COMFORT.
3. I CAN’T DANCE AND I CAN’T SING TOO WELL.
4. LEARN TO INVEST IN THE BEST QUALITY YOU CAN AFFORD AND WEAR PIECES IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
5. I GREW UP IN A FAMILY OF PEOPLE WHO WERE OBSESSED WITH FASHION.
6. WHEN I WAS A KID, I WAS TRENDIER. I’D WEAR ANYTHING. I WAS IN LOVE BEADS AND PLATFORMS.
7. AMERICANS ARE ALWAYS A LITTLE BIT INSECURE.
8. GIVE ME CAVIAR KASPIA AND GIVE ME A HAMBURGER. I LOVE THE TWO EXTREMES.
9. MY APARTMENT LOOKS LIKE NO ONE LIVES IN IT.
10. I DON’T EVEN THINK OF GOING TO EUROPE AS GOING TO ANOTHER COUNTRY NOW.
11. I THINK A LOT OF WOMEN HAVE TOO MANY MINI SKIRTS IN THEIR CLOSETS.